FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » old man blogs at cloud (Page 7)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: old man blogs at cloud
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Threatening someone with guns in that context is totally out of line. I hope they got arrested.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure. Officers definitely got to them right quick, cuffed them, and walked them out. But I'm not sure if they were charged.

Two individuals did it at different times. We also had some Ralph Nader folks who stood up and tried to shout him down, they were kicked out too. The crowd was largely very hostile. I was very impressed (from an objective standpoint) with Mr. Moore's ability to redirect all the booing and take the air out of it.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Michael Moore spoke at my school and there were huge protests. During the speech people stood up and indicated that they were armed and that he should get off the stage. He managed to get through his speech.
jesus, at least the worst coulter had to deal with was risk of getting pied in the face
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Michael Moore spoke at my school and there were huge protests. During the speech people stood up and indicated that they were armed and that he should get off the stage. He managed to get through his speech.
jesus, at least the worst coulter had to deal with was risk of getting pied in the face
It was pretty terrible, people were actually reaching into their jackets like they were drawing a weapon while they shouted at him.

I think Utah has mellowed out a bunch since then, I think that speech was an important moment in defining what kind of school my alma mater was going to be.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this discussion died. Wanna do trigger warnings?
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
You have TWO NEW ARTICLES too!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on the fence about the proposal to remove apostrophes. Given the way people often write texts and emails, it seems as if we're heading in that direction. And if it means I don't have to look at another possessive "it's," I'll at least be happy about that. But it will introduce some other ambiguities in the language. If "we're" becomes "were," you'll have to do a double-take whenever you see either word written, the way we have to do already with "lead" or "sake."

While we're proposing new revisions to grammar, let's take punctuation outside of quotes. Take the sentence above, where I quote "it's." Except this time, there's a period instead of a comma inside the quote. In our copy-paste society, we should consider punctuation in between quotation marks to be part of the original quote; anything part of the encapsulating sentence's own structure, like a period or a comma, should go outside the quotation marks. So I would write "it's", instead of "it's,". A lot of people do this already anyway, but it's still considered an error, because the textbooks on style and grammar were written before computer programming and copy-paste.

Also, in our grammar-of-tomorrow, one-sentence paragraphs shouldn't contain periods at the end, since the period has become a sign of aggression

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

I didn't take that one too seriously, to be honest. The paragraph was perfectly readable, msotly lkie the oens wtih the fisrt and lsat letetrs cahnegd but all the letetrs are tehre. I was amused at the pre-emptive strike against hate mail, though. Do people send actual direct hate mail or just post here? [Cool]

Honestly, people claim that homonym spellings are necessary to disambiguate certain sentences, and I'm sure you could come up with great examples (there are numerous ones with punctuation). In most circumstances, context deals with most of them. Otherwise, we'd have terrible difficulty understanding spoken English. As for the others, a reasonably well-educated writer should be aware of potential misinterpretations of sentences and re-write around them.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
I'm on the fence about the proposal to remove apostrophes.

obviously you are not, filthy apostrophe-user

peddle your false apostrophognosticism elsewhere

Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
false apostrophognosticism
Sam wins the neologism of the day award.
Your prize? This gently-used portmanteau

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Cryptoapostrophognosticism abounds.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
That and... you know. All the death threats?

She gets a lot of death threats. Did you seriously not know that? Or are you just saying that obviously no one would ever go through with them so they're irrelevant to this discussion?

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

do you mean death threats while she's speaking, or the ubiquitous death-threats-mailed-to-everyone-with-even-a-moderate-amount-of-celebrity? maybe coulter's different, because of how she sort of also makes death threats and death wishes but whatev

what moore appears to been dealing with was terroristic acts in person by people suggesting the threat that they were going to shoot him, which is afaik much more troubling than anything done to disrupt coulter during a speech.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
now there's How to Train Your Dragon 2, and this, too, is a sequel that brings the original story to fruition.

I haven't read the books these films are based on, so I'm not sure how faithful the sequel was to any of the narratives. I'm inclined to wonder, because Hollywood barely knows how to tell stories about real heroes anymore.

Somehow, Dreamworks Animation managed to give us a story in which the peace-loving hero comes up against a bad guy who doesn't want peace, who relentlessly pursues war, and can only be defeated by having his means of warmaking taken away from him.

Which is, of course, the real goal in every war -- to destroy the enemy's capacity to inflict harm or resist your forces. It was what George W. Bush was heading toward achieving -- removing the safe havens for Islamic terrorists -- when a replacement President came in and undid all of Bush's achievements as quickly as he could. Mission almost totally accomplished now.

But not in How to Train Your Dragon 2. The hero, Hiccup, is several years older -- a more manly jaw, a somewhat deeper voice, a bit of facial hair, and a love interest. A kid's movie, growing up.

But it's a grownup movie in a lot of other ways. Good guys get defeated. Killed sometimes. Bad guys have complicated motivations -- yet can't just be "converted" to the good side with a hug and a few kind words. Hiccup is facing Hitler. He can't be appeased, because he wants war. And so the war goes on, and Hiccup has to find a way to lead his people to victory.

quote:
I was moved by the heroism -- and by the fact that the hero was honored by his people. That so rarely happens -- in our culture, we're much more likely to vilify or marginalize our true heroes.
can it really honestly be said how inane it is that this review nonsequitors "all the problems in iraq are obama's fault" into a review of an animated movie about dragons
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

I noticed it as well, but not having seen the movie, I can't tell you how much of a leap the comparison it is.

The review about which chip flavor is best still wins the award for most painful unnecessary nonsequitor into the author's personal politics during a product review.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

I have to say, that when I'm sitting down for a long stretch of gaming in the Mechwarrior Universe with Pirhana Games Inc.'s MechWarrior Online, I find myself thinking through how I'm going to pair it.

No, not with wine, dear reader. I know what you're thinking, and I know as well as you that wine is a surat habit that dulls the senses and makes it harder to score those perfect core hits on the stravag inner sphere weaklings.

No, a clear ristar like myself knows to match the proper energy drink with their batchall. When, as is my temperament, I am in the bleeding-edge assault habit, I will be sipping on the finest of Monster Energy Drink in the Khaos or M-80 flavor while annihilating your front lines in a 100 ton Dire Wolf (that's a Daishi to you stravags). If instead I intend to be pairing a more subtle blend of speed, maneuverability, and jump jet capacity that the 75 ton Timber Wolf offers to the battlefield, I will instead be inclined towards the mellower reflex-enhancing buzz of a Mountain Dew Code Red. Does it bother anyone else that so many other pretenders to the throne came after the resounding success of Code Red? It seems like, just like with liberal hollywood, once someone's made an inspired variation on a theme, they have to drive it into the ground with every following twist on the genre -- or, in the case of Mountain Dew, every unnatural color in the spectrum. Hollywood simply just can't function anymore, and is wholly terrible.

More important to your Pirhana Games Inc.'s MechWarrior Online experience, however, requires that I bring to your attention the relatively recent phenomenon of the "flavored corn-chip" snacks which appear to be all the rage with youths. Wisened fogies like myself will remember a simpler time, before everyone got obsessed with overcomplicated flavor options, in which these were mostly unadorned tortilla chips -- and believe me, they certainly worked in that capacity! --, but they have now exploded into an unconstrained mess of half-worthwhile flavors and obvious dead-ends of flavor opportunity. In a way, trying to navigate through all these flavored corn-chip snacks is like trying to find your way through the mess of absolute failures of the Obama administration, and being forced to watch as the absolute worst president of all time simply ruins everything that George W. Bush was going to successfully accomplish in Iraq. Each maudlin, tepid new flavor standing testament to that Obama is simply the most disgusting, incompetent, ruthless dictator of a president ever, prostrating himself before the shrine of the Religion of Environmentalism and its seven lies of Global Warming.

But before your MechWarrior gets as hot under the collar as liberals do when you point out the clear facts about Obama, let me say that there have indeed turned out to be two flavors worthy of consideration! (Let me also recommend that you build a mech with more Clan Double Heat Sinks and stop relying on so many energy weapons. I know environmentalists in the Leftaliban will shriek at you about how ballistic weapons are a nonrenewable resource, but I find it is better to not listen to them in constructing engines of war. Liberals, like their president, have obviously never understood war.) The two types of flavored corn-chip I believe are worthy of pairing are the Doritos Corn Chip Cool Ranch Flavor and the Doritos Corn Chip Nacho Cheese Flavor. Either, I have found, is an excellent pairing with either the Assault or Conquest mode. And, before you say anything, I cannot count how many letters I have received asking for me to explain the difference between the two gameplay settings.

If you find yourself instead in Skirmish mode, my old standby is the Frito-Lay Cheetoes Cheese-Flavored, Puffed Cornmeal Snacks, but these are for experts only, given their propensity to stain vintage Dragonball-Z T-Shirts or Blue Flame wifebeaters (cue the feminist howlings of outrage that I dared recognize the traditional name of this venerated sleeveless strap-t). Make sure that your mother knows the critical difference between the blood-red of the Nacho Cheese Doritos and the lighter orange of Cheetoes when you send her out to provide for the week's meal plan.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

You forgot University English departments....
Samprimary
Member # 8561

University English Departments are like that time that Hitler caught Obama unprepared at Benghazi ...
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Game of Thrones is one of the most faithful film adaptations ever
in terms of literal adaptation? or what.
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as maintaining the tone and feel of the original, I'm guessing. Though IMO, HBO has kind of veered towards making it too brutal - they kill off characters who don't die in the books, just for shock value, and omit a lot of the emotional core of the books that makes you care about the characters in the first place. But this has been my complaint since season 1, and it's actually gotten a lot better in the past few years.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

Eh, books aren't films, and they never have been. Maybe certain children's books. Holes, for example is about as long as a book can be and still be a film in its entirety. Books are television serials, and while people have known this before (e.g. James Michener's Centennial, Pride and Prejudice), I think the lesson has really sunk in with Game of Thrones and I hope filmmakers remember to hand over the book adaptations to the tv writers.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Yeah I am generally in the camp that being faithful to a book adaptation can often times be a useless burden. Film is a different medium. The odds of being able to actually literally faithfully translate a book are slim. Adapt, adopt and discard to the full extent of what will make a work work in the environment, medium, and pacing of a series, miniseries, or movie.
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

I do agree the mini-series is the perfect medium for adapting a book. Book-based movies have *always* suffered, simply due to the way movies are constructed. It's either always awkward and dysfunctional if it's too faithful, or loses too much of the original story for it to really be called an adaptation. OTOH, short stories are the perfect medium to be adapted into movies, and I really wish that happened more often than it does. (Mostly I think the habit of making books into movies is a terrible thing, since it basically cripples the movie from the get-go. Movies do a lot better as original productions.)
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

I'm surprised OSC's 20 year-old blew off Jersey Boys and he declared it for baby boomers only. My little sister (same age) has been obsessed with that show ever since she saw it when it came to town. If it comes to somebody else's town and she's there, she has to go see it ... again.

Possibly the best Christmas present I ever bought was when I found a Frankie Valli Christmas album in a used record shop. I don't know why kids today like records so much, but she was also into those at the time. My sister spotted in unwrapped in my parents car (sitting out as to not break it) when they were picking me up from the train, grabbed it, and ran off with it, not even letting it sit under the tree.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
So Boyhood's experiment paid off very nicely. Yet there was still a huge problem that seems insurmountable.

We weren't just watching the kids grow up, you see. We were also watching the world change around them. When filming started, the dust was only starting to clear from 9/11, and when it ended, it was already obvious that Obama was a failed president.

But because each segment was filmed like a diary entry, with the writer (Richard Linklater) only aware of as much as was known about American history at the time, the segments are sometimes sadly dated.

Linklater is, of course, your stock politically zombie-ized Hollywood Leftist, so the main characters, who should have been like normal Americans instead of total conformists, had minds full of pure politically correct drivel.

Linklater makes no attempt to show characters who disagree with him in a fair light. On the contrary, though characters in Boyhood might be complicated in other ways, they are perfect in their compliance with stereotypes.

The only exception is that religious people are not made complete idiots ... but it's a close thing. And the characters we're supposed to know well and care about most deeply are pretty much without any religion, even if they go through the motions to please others.

But Linklater can't help it that he lives in a culture where he never has to think a new thought or try to understand a person who is different from himself. He's as blinded by his environment as any Southern segregationist in 1948.

This is super dumb and maybe the worst review of Boyhood yet, not even joking
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
So am I missing something or is that jab at Obama not even slightly connected to any description of anything in the film.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Not even slightly. In fact, this movie is so apolitical, it's almost overbearing in its even-handedness.

The religious conversion of the father is completely, but totally straight faced. "This is just what people do," is what the film is saying. Not good, not bad, just what happens. The film treats the Afghan war veteran in a similar way. It shows you how he represents himself. He stirs patriotism early on, by talking about how things were for him in Afghanistan in the beginning, and how they could have been better. Then he himself becomes jaded and reveals his powerlessness and torpor. Nothing political in that, really.

I think perhaps this is the passage that raises OSC's ire, but I don't see it. The veteran lionizes the military, and the boy responds well to what he says. Then the vet himself is broken down by his own life. Why is that about politics? Why is that not about human nature?

And the lefty, semi-existential onanism of the main character is, if anything, grating, and intended to show what kids can be like when they're not as smart as they think they are. Linklater makes no attempt to lionize this kind of behavior. He just shows it. The film is almost dispassionate about its characters.

What did OSC want? What could he expect?

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought that a film showing the attitudes of people at the time it is set would be a good thing. Portraying the characters as having the attitude to world events years ago that they might have now, would just be anachronistic.

Watching everyone going about in 2008 saying 'Obama will never close Guantanamo, not much will change, the economy will still be crap in six years time and he'll just end up bombing Iraq again...' would look ridiculous to anyone who was alive then. And I didn't think this film was very political anyway.

I don't get what OSC is complaining about here.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

OSC is complaining that linklater wrote characters who weren't immediately prescient of how OSC currently views american politics in the year 2014, and this rustles his jimmies and that furthermore the movie did not lionize and put his american history headcanon on a pedestal for the benefit of the viewers, so linklater is a leftist zombie who wrote total conformists. and don't even get him started about how it is not setting indulgent sympathetic portrayal of religiosity at his feet. also 0bama is completely terrible in all ways and will always be terrible, why can't this article be about that now~~

no i am really not joking at all, that is the most inane and ridiculous thing. i can't even. it's almost like intending parody OF osc. were this latest article the work of a clever performance artist intending to act like OSC losing his marbles, it would not be substantively different.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

You would think in OSC's mind, the irresponsible, not (yet) grown-up deadbeat dad, who is the kind of person who steals other people's campaign signs would be *EXACTLY* the kind of person who votes for Obama. As an Obama supporter, I took it as a bit of an insult but a fantastic portrayal of the left from OSC's point of view.
tertiaryadjunct
Member # 12989

- posted      Profile for tertiaryadjunct           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Linklater makes no attempt to show characters who disagree with him in a fair light. On the contrary, though characters in Boyhood might be complicated in other ways, they are perfect in their compliance with stereotypes.
I got the feeling he's complaining most about the angry old get-off-my-lawn-or-I'll-shoot-you conservative dude with the confederate flag.

Which completely ignores the very next person the movie shows: the disturbingly obsessed I-want-Obama-in-a-carnal-way-isn't-he-dreamy chick.

It's almost like if you spent the day going to a couple hundred homes, you'd only specifically remember the few people that stood out...

Posts: 89 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Back when I was working on the early stages of the movie Ender's Game with producers who actually understood the character
Shots fired!

Maybe I've missed something but this is the first time I've read him mentioning what he thought about the movie. I'm guessing he didn't like it [Dont Know]

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
quote:
Back when I was working on the early stages of the movie Ender's Game with producers who actually understood the character
Shots fired!

Maybe I've missed something but this is the first time I've read him mentioning what he thought about the movie. I'm guessing he didn't like it [Dont Know]

You would guess incorrectly. He liked it as a film just fine.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Source?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Source?

He told me.

edit: Not gonna lie I'm totally smirking right now. [Big Grin]

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I was pretty sure that's what it was.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
I was pretty sure that's what it was.

My smirk! It's gone!
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
quote:
Shots fired!

It's surprising in a way. It was bad in ways that he usually praises movies for being. It must have been difficult to reconcile his awful consumerist view of entertainment and take the high ground he had so many long years ago. You know, when he was an artist.

Edit: Oh no, he liked it as a movie just fine. Well my faith in OSC's reliability has been restored.

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I'm a fan of his reviews, except for when he brings politics into his analysis.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he not do that ever?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Well, of the three parts to his current review, only Boyhood involved his political opinions.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
I'm a fan of his reviews, except for when he brings politics into his analysis.

I would call them often entertaining, if completely useless to anyone who wants a sense of whether they would like the film. He seems to love picking out arbitrary details to either castigate or praise as brilliant for some arcane "I'm smart because I know this," reason. He strikes me as a bully in that sense, actually- he tries to make people think they're stupid for not picking up on some detail he does, but in truth, he just picks the things to whinge about pretty randomly.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he tries to make his readers feel stupid - most of the time, he seems to assume that the people reading are ones who won't identify with the groups that he calls stupid or insane or evil. When they do identify with those groups or at least hold a position that he is attacking, I don't think the bullying dynamic holds - at least I don't feel like OSC can bully me for believing that climate scientists are better suited to understand the science than layman AGW deniers - I just kind of feel like he's being foolish.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

it's that his politics are metastasizing into everything, and his political issues and rhetoric have established this noisome tendency to snake and tendril into his articles on the most remote pretenses or bizarre connections, and it's really super silly? an article about a movie is bam suddenly drunken mumblypeg about how stupid and braindead the Left is and ugh 0bama is worst president ever right? the issues invasion really helped the analysis of the movie be so notably off the wall and blahblah confirmational bias commentary
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, of the three parts to his current review, only Boyhood involved his political opinions.

I would be surprised if you could go three columns without an overt and often very out of place calumny against Obama, Democrats, and liberals-or a rousing praise of Bush. If you can got three columns supposedly about a film, restaurant, grocery store, or insulated cup without hearing about what vandals are those who want gay marriage legal, or how much Obama secretly hates America but not really because he's barely hiding it now, well. I'll be surprised and eat some crow.

Seriously, at this rate of descent into reactionary politics I'm half expecting some 'I'm not a Birther, but maybe...' nods before his term is up.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

three? you dreamin man

though i guess i could count

Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
three? you dreamin man

though i guess i could count

I'm actually tempted to do that as you all have my curiosity up. [Big Grin]
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

let's just do a cursory look see

i'll just stop when i hit something really weird as i skim, so it won't be exhaustive just an attempt to catch one per

one back: lectures us about the truth of monogamous pair bonding (ell oh ell) and decries the sexual revolution as a bunch of people who proclaimed that anyone who was married or in a faithful relationship is suffering through something unnatural and undesirable

two back: LOOK AT HOW EAGER MURICANS ARE TO BELIEVE ANTI JOOISH PROPIGANDA SURROUNDING ISRALE

three back: 'ultra-left ideologues' prosecute defenders of traditional values (i.e., anti-homo?) literally contains the text "heaven forbid that anyone should try to include a solid grounding in the writings and ideas and accomplishments of Dead White Males -- even though 99 percent of the achievements of Western Civilization spring from them." what oh my god did i read this before and just forget

four back: describes the native american genocide by white settlers as "mutual terror" "completely justified because of savagery on both sides" ... ? well i guess both sides were equally at fault on that one whoopsie no need to go pointing more fingers at the whites for the whole thing after all

five back: idk looks good

six back: froths at straw 'environmentalists' who 'regarded the human population itself as the worst blight on the earth, and therefore opposed saving billions of lives' hahaha ok

seven: i can't load this one

eight: disses five guys, is dead to me. no idk looks good?

nine: can't load. this could be three in a row i bet

ten: he's like, talking about ... like, eggs, right? chicken eggs, and suddenly it's about the leftist media for ridiculing george h.w. bush for being out of touch with the common people, then literally follows that with "when, exactly, was he going to go out and do his own grocery shopping?" hahaha wait what? ok so maybe that's a little weak but it's still, like, i just read that

eleven: oh my god this one dives STRAIGHT into oh screw it I'll just quote it: "Somehow, Dreamworks Animation managed to give us a story in which the peace-loving hero comes up against a bad guy who doesn't want peace, who relentlessly pursues war, and can only be defeated by having his means of warmaking taken away from him.

Which is, of course, the real goal in every war -- to destroy the enemy's capacity to inflict harm or resist your forces. It was what George W. Bush was heading toward achieving -- removing the safe havens for Islamic terrorists -- when a replacement President came in and undid all of Bush's achievements as quickly as he could. Mission almost totally accomplished now. But not in How to Train Your Dragon 2." hahahaha he just spaz segued OBAMA IZ TERRIBUL straight into the middle of reviewing how to train your dragon ok this is kind of like literally like what I parodied him doing a month ago or so. why am i doing this i should be taking a shower

twelve: a electric razor review segues into how schools don't teach people to be critical thinkers anymore or something but who cares this one's fine i think

thirteen: in the middle of a review of @midnight he knickerwads into Slanders Put Out By Some on the Extreme Left and hits all the target points cleanly of his global warming denial, benghazi, and believing obamacare is a failure, very classic example of what we are talking about

fourteen: looks fine

fifteen: looks fine?

sixteen: looks fine??

THAT IS THREE IN A ROW OK RIGHT THERE BAM JUST GOT REKT

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

His latest column:

quote:
Obama’s tendency to frolic on the golf course or play cards while barbarians murder innocent people whom he could have protected is as sickening as “let them eat cake” or fiddling while Rome burned.
Yeah...
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Sam, your ramblings never fail to amuse me.

Write more of them.

(Dance, monkey, dance)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  35  36  37   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.