FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I leave for a little while and...

Author Topic: I leave for a little while and...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been away from the forums for like a million years now, where has Papa Janitor gone? Who is this JanitorBlade? Is this you BlackBlade?

I can't believe I've been a member here for 10 years. Wow. How is everyone?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! It's good to see you (you're more likely to remember me as Noemon)! How's your life gone since the last time you were here?
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy! Long time no see. As some other old timer mentioned, not that we should trust someone who changes their name!, hope life has been good:)
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
I've been away from the forums for like a million years now, where has Papa Janitor gone? Who is this JanitorBlade? Is this you BlackBlade?

I can't believe I've been a member here for 10 years. Wow. How is everyone?

JanitorBlade is indeed me! So nice to see you around again. I remember quite fondly our Choose Your Own Adventure game of years ago. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I also changed my username from my real name. I was Sid Meier before that if that's confusing.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
And he was another name, not to me mentioned ( [Wink] ) before that, IIRC.

[ March 06, 2014, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
shots fired, etc
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Alty, it's been a while! Welcome back. [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
And he was before that, IIRC.

Can you not?
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Alt! I was never really active here; mostly a lurker who occasionally posts, and I've even slowed that down some, but [Wave] nonetheless!

quote:
Can you not?
It's kind of hard to not recall correctly your original identity. I don't think Kwea meant you any personal harm by mentioning your prior username. He was doing just to inform Alt that you were still around, albeit with a newer identity. It would be a nice gesture to edit his post after Alt has had the time to see it. I understand the desire to change an identity over time, especially to one that isn't so easily google-able as a real name [Smile]
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Elison, a google search on your real name turns up Ornery and Hatrack posts of yours fairly readily. I can understand why you'd like people to avoid using your real name here, but I think that genie is probably out of the bottle.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

Nevertheless, I gave all the hints that were necessary, if AoD really wanted to know the PM option was there.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
Nevertheless, I gave all the hints that were necessary, if AoD really wanted to know the PM option was there.

It will help in the future if you don't bring it up. It's not the job of the entire forum to know/remember the rules you would like us to follow in this regard.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I assume you mean me, the real PM option.

Howdy, Alt! I hung up my mop several years ago, and rarely do more than lurk here.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
What's this Alt business? Wasn't it AoD?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as I don't have to find those vowels with marks over them, I'm good. How did I abbreviate her name years ago? No idea.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember all of you. I think I still have you on Gchat, Elison. You can't hide your secrets from me.

I'm all sorts of things, Strider. Goes with having a super long name that you picked as a teenager because you wanted to be so cool. [Smile]

I'm doing well, I'm about to turn 27. I joined back when I was 17 and still in high school. Time has really flown by. I graduated college in 2009, and have been trying to figure out my life since then.

Good news is that I just got married recently (but we're still saving money to have a proper ceremony!) and I moved with my husband to Iceland. I'm attending language classes, and I'm trying to find a job over here. Getting used to all the snow, and being that I'm from San Diego, it will take some getting used to, hehe. At least I've got some new nieces and they're the best nieces ever. Super well adjusted kids. I was just working on translating subtitles of an episode of Sailor Moon into Icelandic for them since they don't speak a lick of any other language. It's turning into a great learning tool for me.

Super happy you are all here! I was a bit taken aback that Papa Moose wasn't the mod anymore, I guess I always imagined him as being almost married to the role. I'm pretty sure he gave it up honorably. With a parade, an inspiring speech, and everything. I've made up my mind and you can't convince me otherwise.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
It was really more of a coup and public execution. >: )
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't make an issue of it, and I had no malice mentioning it. I will edit it, but I honestly didn't mean anything by it.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Elison, a google search on your real name turns up Ornery and Hatrack posts of yours fairly readily. I can understand why you'd like people to avoid using your real name here, but I think that genie is probably out of the bottle.

I find it funny that people still think "Blayne Bradley" was his real name.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on getting married! I've always wanted to visit Iceland. I actually almost planned a trip there this year but finances didn't quite allow for it. You can scout out all the cool things to see, and find the best herring to eat. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Lyrhawn: There's a possibility I might be interning for Ford Motor Credit this Summer in Michigan. Will you be around?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Thanks, Lyrhawn! I feel you on the plane ticket prices... My mom has still never met my husband because of that. I wouldn't know when to advice you to come, there's less people in December and the New Years fireworks are unbelievable but everything fun is more easily accessible in the summer. As for the herring, there's plenty of places here that have some. Just make sure you make some room in your belly for lamb, it's the default red meat here. The lamb soup is fantastic.
Let me know when you get over here and we'll show you around [Smile]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Lyrhawn: There's a possibility I might be interning for Ford Motor Credit this Summer in Michigan. Will you be around?

Yes I will! Send me a message when you know for sure and I'll share my phone number. I'd be more than happy to play Detroit tour guide. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Lamb is delicious. *froths at mouth*
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody over 10,000 in this thread.
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.