FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Were you here Dec. 2002?

Author Topic: Were you here Dec. 2002?
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going through some old files trying to purge the massive quantities of paper that seem to accumulate like sex-crazed rabbits and I found a file from that time. If you were here you might remember my son had a transplant 12-23-02 and I posted about it here. So many of you posted encouraging thoughts and prayers. I printed that thread and re-reading it made me once again realize how truly awesome this community is.

This December marks his 12th transplant anniversary. He is still doing pretty well all things considered. Its hard to believe its been that long.

That said I’ve always wondered what happened to old familiars like Bob_Scopatz, mackillian, Mrs. M.... there are a host of others who’s names I haven’t seen in awhile.

Anyway, forgive my short stroll down memory lane....

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I love reading some of the older threads. I wasn't around in 2002, I didn't join until 2005, but you can find Bob__Scopatz on Sake River, mackillian is occasionally there but her husband T_Smith is a regular there. I'm afraid I don't know where Mrs. M got off too, sometimes you can find those people through Facebook.

What kind of transplant did you son have? I have a sister who received a kidney transplant four or so years ago and is doing great. I'm so pleased to hear your son's organ is still churning along.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wendybird. I was around in 2002, mostly posting under the name "Noemon", though ocasionally I'd post under this name. It's been good to see you here recently.

BlackBlade is right that you'll see a number of old, familiar faces over on sakeriver's forums, but that there are far too many people who have just drifted away.

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was here. Glad to hear he is doing well.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't post much any more, but I still have fond memories of all the friends I've made and things I've learned in my years here. It's a uniquely wonderful community. I'm glad your son is doing well.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember, and am glad to hear your son is doing well.

Bob_Scopatz is currently sleeping, but I'll tell him you were thinking of him.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I was here! I remember.

Amazing, I'm so happy to hear he is doing well. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I also remember! And it's great that he's doing well.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

BlackBlade - he had a heart transplant.

Hi dkw! I didn’t mean to leave you off [Smile] the list. Yours is a familiar name too as is Belle.... I’ll have to check out sake.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
'Sup.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I was here as well, though I was registered under a different name and did little more than lurk. [Razz]
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I was here and was just as much a wallflower as I am now. [Smile] I remember you, of course, but I don't recall hearing about your son's transplant. Glad to hear he's doing OK. It's always good to see people from way back show up again here.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I was! I'd be curious if I posted in your thread.

And actually after doing the mental calculations, that date was 3 days before my father passed away. I don't have that date committed to memory, so I was surprised to do the math and realize the personal significance of that month :/.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

I’ll have to check Xavier when I get some time and emotional energy to read through it again.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, you definitely don't have to do that. I forget you can't Ctrl-F on a printed document [Smile] .
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hey, this is where I'm supposed to check in, too, right? [Wink]

Glad to hear your son is continuing to thrive!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.