FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Joan Rivers Died:(

Author Topic: Joan Rivers Died:(
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/showbiz/joan-rivers-dead/

Big fan in more than one format:(

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Likewise. She always made me smile when she was just being herself.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heisenberg
Member # 13004

- posted      Profile for Heisenberg           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I remember that time a few weeks ago when she said the Palestinians all deserved to die. Woman was full of laughs.
Posts: 572 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heisenberg:
Yeah, I remember that time a few weeks ago when she said the Palestinians all deserved to die. Woman was full of laughs.

Did she? Do you have a link?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

She modified it to 'Hamas' after an outcry, but she made no secret of her support of Israel and could become extreme in her expressions of it.

Anyway, Heisenberg is right: anyone who stakes out an extreme position on the Israel and Palestinian questions ought to be shunned and unmourned when they die.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heisenberg
Member # 13004

- posted      Profile for Heisenberg           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad we agree on something.
Posts: 572 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

As for real stuff, she was a brilliant comic, tough as hell, who weathered serious ups and downs in her chosen profession. Funny enough that she could make me laugh about things I cared nothing for, and gutsy enough to say just about anything.

Did she have a responsible, fair minded view on the Israel-Palestinian question? In my opinion she didn't. Almost the opposite in fact. But god knows that she doesn't stand alone in that, so I'll not pretend it makes her some special brand of outrage.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.