FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, Samprimary (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey, Samprimary
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Boulder is beautiful. I'm heading tomorrow morning to hike up Sanitas. I drove by them and the Flatirons today and wow.

Also, I've seen more hippie college kids in my one day so far than the rest of my life combined.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
how goes so far
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

Yesterday we hiked up what I think was Green Mountain on a trail called something Canyon and then kept forking until we were on a Flagstaff trail and eventually made it back to the park.Here is a photo of me definitely not posing on I think Green Mountain. Later in the afternoon we walked along Pearl St and picked up some cool handmade trinkets and cool gifts. We ended the day at the Leanin' Tree Museum which was really cool.

This morning we had a wet and muddy hike through Sanitas, following Red Rocks, Sanitas, and Sunshine Canyon trails. We're going to check out the arboretum later today and that will likely conclude our trip. It's really a beautiful city with a completely different and awesome culture than I'm used to.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the rain.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

It wasn't that bad. The mountains actually looked pretty neat covered in clouds/fog.

Are you in Boulder? I want to pick up some more locally made things (inexpensive jewelry or small items) as gifts. Do you know any places? I was at the Art gallery on Pearl St and one other place there the information desk told me about it but they didn't have quite what I was looking for.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Boston right now, unfortunately. But I can try to recall if there was any place selling what you're thinking of!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I meant theamazeeaz, her post read to me like she was apologizing for the rain on behalf of Boulderites.

Thanks for all your recommendations though. It's been a great experience here.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
It wasn't that bad. The mountains actually looked pretty neat covered in clouds/fog.

Are you in Boulder? I want to pick up some more locally made things (inexpensive jewelry or small items) as gifts. Do you know any places? I was at the Art gallery on Pearl St and one other place there the information desk told me about it but they didn't have quite what I was looking for.

I am, actually. I also buy all my jewelry at Macy's, exclusively the fake stuff. :-(

Sadly, you missed a crafts fair on the 29th Street Mall, which I assume was just for the weekend which probably had what you were looking for. The prices were still enough to give me sticker shock, though my friend managed to spend <$60 on three sets of earrings, which wasn't so bad.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

On Sunday I went to an outdoor market on Pearl Street where everyone set up tents in front of the stores to sell stuff. I'm not sure if that's a weekend thing or a fair, but I only picked up a few things and figured I'd do the rest of my shopping the following day, not thinking about the fact that those events usually only last the weekend :-/ I got what I needed at the B&M stores but it wasn't the same as buying from the locals that made it.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Manitou Springs hiking. That and old Colorado City I think are my favorite bits of Colorado so far.

Colorado Springs is seriously McHouseville, and it's not my thing.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

boulder, old town longmont, or fort collins are probably your thing

colorado springs is

well, uh

... there's lots of sunshine!

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
boulder, old town longmont, or fort collins are probably your thing

colorado springs is

well, uh

... there's lots of sunshine!

Great schools too.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the zoo. They let you feed the giraffes.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

Hey, Samprimary.

Would you like to go into a dark dark basement and just wait for tomorrow?

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

You left Boulder, right? Good. Our weather stinks right now.
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theamazeeaz:
You left Boulder, right? Good. Our weather stinks right now.

I've been looking at Facebook pictures of snow in the Springs and reading the lamentations of friends and family there with great amusement.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

We are thoroughly enjoying the whining.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by JanitorBlade:
Hey, Samprimary.

Would you like to go into a dark dark basement and just wait for tomorrow?

are these supposed to be boulderites because they seem a lot more like portlandites
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I thought that's how all liberals are.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

i hope there's a vaccine
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

There is, but they won't take it unless it's organic mercury.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

there's no such thing as organic mercury. i'm pretty sure mercury is what monsanto puts in our tap kombucha
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

To current and past Boulderites and future Boulder visitors, check out the Boulder Arts & Crafts Gallery on Pearl Street. I called them and ordered some stuff after I gave out as gifts more of the things I bought from them than I originally intended to and their staff is the bomb.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.