FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Helping out my Mom

Author Topic: Helping out my Mom
Lorelei Feliz
Member # 13414

- posted      Profile for Lorelei Feliz           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys! My Mom is mostly out of the country or out of town to attend meetings and stuffs. I was telling her that there are other ways to attend meetings abroad and she doesn't have to travel a lot. Aside from Skype, are there other software you know that is reliable? We use Skype every time she's away and often times connection is poor. I want to lessen her travels that's why I'm finding other ways for her to attend meetings even when she's just home or in her office. Please help! Thanks!
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
If it's for personal use, I would recommend Skype. But for company meetings you might want to try Webex
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heisenberg
Member # 13004

- posted      Profile for Heisenberg           Edit/Delete Post 
Viber or whatsapp arw decent for text messages. If The connection is poor, then it's poor...no videochat will work.
Posts: 572 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello newuser2984! i, coincidentally simultaneously created account newuser2985, am happy to introduce myself to the community by responding to your completely organic query about videoconferencing software, on this forum! Have you considered Videez™ Videoconferencing Software© from Bytesoft®
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Hello newuser2984! i, coincidentally simultaneously created account newuser2985, am happy to introduce myself to the community by responding to your completely organic query about videoconferencing software, on this forum! Have you considered Videez™ Videoconferencing Software© from Bytesoft®

I don't think she's a bot, Sam. Her other posts seem brief but sincere.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bot necessarily.

When I was 19 I did some work for my friend's SEO company. He paid people (independent contractors from India) to do exactly this. Register an account on a forum, make a few brief posts (both of her posts are canned one-sentence posts), then a day or two later plug whatever product. They would send us links of the threads they plugged products in after the fact and we would pay them if it wasn't deleted after a certain amount of time.

The better ones would try to find a post related to the product first (i.e, do a search of the forum for any recent posts about video conferencing software) but a lot of times they're forced to ask the question and either come back and answer it as another person, or maybe come back later and say "hey, nevermind, I found this great product xyz, you guys should check it out!"

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Hey Dogbreath, great post!

Speaking of Internet Marketing solutions, have you all tried out Site Strategics? They're a fantastic SEO firm that has helped my company find success in organic, social media targeted advertising. You should check it out!

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Soooooo, was Dogbreath hacked?
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have problems with scabies because you made the mistake of installing Webex? Webex is a terrible program. Webex sucks so bad that it will infect you with literal real world diseases. I installed Webex and it was a terrible mistake. Never install Webex! But if you need help healing your insanely disease-ravaged body, you need to try applying Exbit Anti SEO Cream, an all-natural compound that heals some damage from Webex. Webex will destroy your computer though so be aware that can't be recovered. Webex: literally cancer!
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had a problem with WebEx. I wouldn't doubt that there's something better and easier, but it works just fine with a meet me line. Though it seems like there could be something easier that integrates them.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, stop being spam!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn is apparently a paid independent contractor from India that has been settting us up for twelve years.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
Lyrhawn is apparently a paid independent contractor from India that has been settting us up for twelve years.

I excel at the long con.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
such dedication
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I downloaded Webex out of respect for that
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by JanitorBlade:
Soooooo, was Dogbreath hacked?

THERE IS NO DOGBREATH, ONLY ZUUUL
Lorelei Feliz
Member # 13414

- posted      Profile for Lorelei Feliz           Edit/Delete Post 
She said she's tried WebEx before but it was too buggy for her. This is what she's using now for her work. She's been using it for a couple of months now so it must work just fine.

http://www.brothercloud.com/omnijoin/

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

DO TELL.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I actually used that software and it gave me parkour's scabies
Elcheeko75
Member # 13292

- posted      Profile for Elcheeko75   Email Elcheeko75         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird. I used it and I grew three inches, got a promotion at work, and was picked up at a bar by Janeane Garofalo.

Also I got scabies.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.