FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A short and simple question...

Author Topic: A short and simple question...
Dan Mathews
Member # 13430

- posted      Profile for Dan Mathews   Email Dan Mathews         Edit/Delete Post 
What is the name of the book where Bean is in a starship with his children who share his genetic modification and dies at the end of the book? I want to recommend this book to a friend and can't remember its name.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadows in Flight
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Wuthering Heights
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I,Bean.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Wuthering Heights

[ROFL]
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Wuthering Heights

[ROFL]
: bows :
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you, of all the books in the 'Enderverse' (do Hatrackers call it that?), recommend THAT one?
Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a bad book. Fairly tightly paced sci-fi with interesting world building and a focus that has been lacking in many of OSC's books in the genre. In terms of an EnderVerse story, I would put Shadows in Flight far ahead of anything else since Ender's Shadow.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanaceaSanans
Member # 13395

- posted      Profile for PanaceaSanans   Email PanaceaSanans         Edit/Delete Post 
It sure is not a "bad" book, but I found it weaker than all of the others except maybe "Ender In Exile". I still was deeply moved by the ending - but only because I had come to love Bean from the previous books. There was not much character development in this one. Some interesting thoughts on Formic society, and sure, the males were great - but it left me with more questions than answers. The CRISPR thing didn't really convince me either.
Posts: 366 | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.