FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gambling problems

Author Topic: Gambling problems
hawser
Member # 13415

- posted      Profile for hawser           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm starting to think that my brother has gambling problem. He spends too much time online and most of his internet activities are online gambling. I'm not sure about his current finances but I feel that he is already buried in debts. He just don't tell us. What is the best approach to confront him on this?
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the circumstances I think. Is your brother living alone or with others? Married/single? How old? Employed?

In general you will want to protect finances of yourself and other family members, set conditions for continued support (if any is ongoing), and clearly and collectively express your view of the problem and what needs to change.

Maybe check this out: https://www.gam-anon.org/

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
packfire
Member # 13601

- posted      Profile for packfire           Edit/Delete Post 
important to remember that even though a person’s gambling has affected you to the point where you’re ready for them to change, they might not be ready yet. You can offer support and seek professional help with how to proceed, but you can’t make someone ready to change.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
packfire
Member # 13601

- posted      Profile for packfire           Edit/Delete Post 
that's a good article, it would help someone to get back on track
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a thoroughly genuine-seeming exchange and not at all like the time you tried to sell us audit software.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
BetterHelp is the worst website. BetterHelp disappointing. BetterHelp was a disappointment. BetterHelp is a bad site. BetterHelp sucks. BetterHelp really sucks. BetterHelp is a sucky website. BetterHelp is bad. Don't trust BetterHelp. Do not trust BetterHelp. BetterHelp gave me cancer. BetterHelp gave my cancer the ebola virus. BetterHelp accidentally the entire internet. Don't trust BetterHelp. BetterHelp exploded my cancer ebola. BetterHelp pumped my child full of mercury and now he doesn't have autism so i am really confused right now because I had read some things on the internet and some preconceptions got challenged. Is any of it real? Are chemtrails really real? Is the earth really round after all? Has Dr. Mercola been lying to me all along? Is David Avocado Wolfe really just Dr. Mercola wearing a suit of human hippie skin? Is anything real? Well, one thing is real. BetterHelp, the site, is real. heh a real piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
BetterHelp is the worst website. BetterHelp disappointing. BetterHelp was a disappointment. BetterHelp is a bad site. BetterHelp sucks. BetterHelp really sucks. BetterHelp is a sucky website. BetterHelp is bad. Don't trust BetterHelp. Do not trust BetterHelp. BetterHelp gave me cancer. BetterHelp gave my cancer the ebola virus. BetterHelp accidentally the entire internet. Don't trust BetterHelp. BetterHelp exploded my cancer ebola. BetterHelp pumped my child full of mercury and now he doesn't have autism so i am really confused right now because I had read some things on the internet and some preconceptions got challenged. Is any of it real? Are chemtrails really real? Is the earth really round after all? Has Dr. Mercola been lying to me all along? Is David Avocado Wolfe really just Dr. Mercola wearing a suit of human hippie skin? Is anything real? Well, one thing is real. BetterHelp, the site, is real. heh a real piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt

I actually read every word of that. I don't know why. Does that mean I have a compulsive reading problem?
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Send me monthly debits of 19.99 US and I will let you know
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.