FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Billy Graham dead at 99

Author Topic: Billy Graham dead at 99
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Billy Graham, probably the best known evangelist of modern times, died today (Feb. 21). In recent years he had been suffering from a number of ailments, including prostate cancer, hydrocephalus, and Parkinson's. He was known for his "crusades" filling huge stadiums, and he was a counselor to several presidents. Some hateful liberals criticized him for being a personal pastor to Richard Nixon--but surely Nixon needed counseling! Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/obituaries/billy-graham-dead.html

Actually, Billy Graham tried to avoid partisan politics. His son, Franklin, has been much more involved in conservative political causes, and is frequently seen in Facebook with comments about events and issues of the day.

[ February 21, 2018, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Ron Lambert ]

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iglee
Member # 12455

- posted      Profile for iglee   Email iglee         Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of our differing views on certain minutiae of theology, I've always had a great respect for Billy Graham, and I think he accomplished much good in his long ministry. May he indeed rest in peace. And may God bless and comfort his family.

[ March 16, 2018, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: iglee ]

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.