FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » My 1000th post (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My 1000th post
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew you wouldn't let my thread go into oblivion...

2 pages!!! Yay!!!

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
I even fixed it so that I linked it on mine, just in case. Now, we need to work together to be more popular than Moose's thread! Hya!
Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluffy
Member # 3399

- posted      Profile for Fluffy           Edit/Delete Post 
le-*bump*
Posts: 44 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

why, thank you, Leto
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief. If I remember correctly, Kama is the lovely person on the beach or else near the water with the great legs. Ralphie vowed to kill her for her naturally lithe physique too.

And you say you've never been kissed? Are you in a cult or something? Perhaps you've got appalling halitosis? That is ke-razy, Kama. Were I flush at the moment, I might be tempted to take steps to follow TomD's example, but I ain't, and I don't know you at all, so dang

That said, great post Siblings...can't live with `em, can't shoot `em (well, in most states.) Even though my sister and I get along great, and I can always count on her for a laff

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to whoever bumped this. I was away a lot in July and missed the cute pictures. Oh, and the good posts too.

mostly just missed the pictures.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I only came back to Hatrack in August, so I missed this thread until just now. Great thread Kama--I loved reading about your life.

I noticed that one of the authors you mentioned loving was Stanislaw Lem. Lem's work is amazing, isn't it? I've read most of it in translation. Have you by any chance read The Cyberiad (English title--not sure what the Polish title would be) in both original Polish and in English (specifically Michael Kandel's translation)? I doubt that you would have bothered with the English language version, but if you happen to have, I'd love to know what you think of the translation. Given the amount of word play in that collection, Kandel must either be an amazingly gifted translator or a great author in his own right who took great liberties with the story.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm still tempted to buy John a ticket to Poland for his birthday.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Dan! I've worked so much more on the post than on the pics!

Noemon - no, I haven't read the English version. Actually, I just read fragments of the Cyberiad (it's Cyberiada in Polish). Lem's written so much that I still have a lot left.

Tom - so when is Leto's birthday?

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I figured it was a long shot, but I've always been curious so I thought I'd ask. If you ever happen to read both, let me know what you think.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama...I just have to tell you that I love your belt. (Second Picture)

Love it.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I was being silly. Your post is great.

Actually I have strong Polish connections, my Grandmother and Grandfather came from an area that is either in Poland or in the Ukraine, depending on who conquered whom last. One of my greatest friends is from Poland, though he's been in the US since he was five.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Noemon, I sure will

Dan, I know

Tammy, I know

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama...we have this custom where I'm from.

If a person compliments you on something, you give it to them immediately.

*taps foot waiting*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

er.... I seem to have lost it somewhere.....

Designated Bumper
Member # 4487

- posted      Profile for Designated Bumper           Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.