my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » My 1000th Post

Author Topic: My 1000th Post
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here it is: My 1000th post.

I guess I’ll just start with the basics.

Real Name: Nathan Novak. Yes I know my nick says T_Smith. So sue me. I picked T_Smith because he is my cousin who I admire more than anyone else. The name Novak comes from the Ukraine. My moms side comes from Sweeden.

Location as of right now: Even though my profile says I live in Provo Utah, I used that so no one could really know where I was from and make assumptions. I live in Bountiful, Utah, or North Salt Lake. My house is right on the boarder between the two. It’s about a 10 minute drive from Crossroads Mall if you really want to know.

Occupation: Library/Movie theater worker. We don’t really have names besides ‘grunts’.

Born/places I’ve lived: Jefferson Air Force Base, Maryland. I lived in North Carolina till I was a year old then my dad got transfers to Japan. I lived there till I was 5. Moved to Utah. Lived there till I was 11 and moved to Clovis, New Mexico. Lived there till I was 15 and moved back to Utah and I have lived here till today.

Family: Mom and Dad. 1 brother, 2 sisters. 2 dogs.

Physical features: Blonde hair, blue eyes, 5’10”, 135 lbs. 3 different scars on my face.

My Story:

As I stated, I was born in Maryland and had a chance to live in Northern North Carolina. Lately I’ve been trying to get my parents to want to go back and visit the memories so I can be close to Greensboro for obvious reasons. My dad is in the Air Force, and when I was a year old he got transfers to Japan. While I lived there, it became apparent that I had Asthma and spent most of my time at the hospital. According to my parents, I had to have to be in a “bubble” because it got so bad. The things I most remember about Japan are the trains and Disneyland. I rode the trains because my mother got me involved in modeling when I was about 2. If you ever go to Japan and there is a commercial about an airline and there are kids on a merry-go-round, I’m the guy. I missed out on most of preschool (as if it matters) because of my Asthma and went to Kindergarten for half a year before coming to Utah. I found out quickly that I was more intelligent than most people around me at my elementary school with the exception of math and handwriting. I have horrid handwriting, beyond your wildest imagination. That’s why I quickly went to typing and computers. All the way till 4th grade I got by without knowing much math and having my crappy handwriting. I was even one of the more popular kids at school, if popularity even exists at that age. I played basketball and football during recess and my abilities were good enough that I was never picked less than 4th for a team. Then they started actually doing stuff with math that I couldn’t get if I tried. Most of my work was never turned in. I had to spend recess and about 2 hours of my time at night studying math. I eventually started to understand but my social life when kaput. New kids to the school who didn’t know me made fun of me while the people I thought were friends laughed along. That was when I found out about loneliness and why I didn’t like it. I tried to get back in the circle but I was put back out by those new people. That’s when I found intelligent people who didn’t care about popularity and I realized these were the people I belong with. After I finally realized that, my dad got transfers to New Mexico (6th grade).

I figured I could start clean and that I could get back in with a good group of people. I did that. I found people who played sports that were my friends, people with artistic abilities that were my friends and people who were smart who were my friends. But I was always shadowed by someone else and it stunk. So Jr. High came and my friends were great and my enemies vicious. I tried out for the Student Senate, something I have done every year till now, and didn’t make it. Basketball season had started. I decided I was good enough and tried out and made it. But just like always there was that one person hell-bent on finding a way to get me out so he could get in. I started to notice that people listened to me more and included me in more social things. I didn’t like it because it came from basketball, not who I was but it wasn’t bad enough for me to quit. In the meantime, I found that every extra second I had was playing Nintendo and reading books. My reading speed increased and so did my grades, which I don’t owe exactly all to my intelligence. I thought it was basketball again because they always gave me excuses. This sort of thing happened till I was in 9th grade where it finally got to the point where I couldn’t take it. Between the people who thought it funny to try and destroy me to the people who favored me, I had enough and just quit the team. I got all sorts of Academic awards for mumbo jumbo then my dad decided to retire. It was either retire or go to Guam. So he retired and moved back to Utah.

(10th grade) So here I am back with people I remember but have changed completely. My “friends” who laughed at me either became jocks or dropped out. Amazing is all I remember thinking about that. The friends that I had started to make before leaving have become the popular people, getting into offices and being recognized as being themselves and for that being cool. I hang out with a few here and there but mostly stick with my school life than my social life. There are some who remember me from elementary as being an outcast, too. So anyway, my life right now as a (12)Senior at Woods Cross High School is basically laid back, be yourself and do what you want to. I have learned to stop caring what people at school think of me an laugh it off.

Last year, I read Enders Game. I read it and fell in love with it. I cant remember if I cried the first time I read it, but the second and third time I sure did. OSC has quickly become my favorite author, and I continue to read his works on a daily basis.

[This message has been edited by T_Smith (edited September 03, 2002).]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
::grumbles:: I'm still not at 1000. Or even close.

But hey - I can totally relate to the "friends who laughed are no longer around." Story of my life.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!! Tell your friend to hurry up..lemme see..lol

What a weird relevance between your name and identity..Scars on your face?? what happened?..congrats yet again and hurry ..lol..no pressure though..It was really nice.

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
(Not to derail your lovely 1000 post, Gigolo T, but...)

Am I the only who immediately thinks, "Burger King! Where all Dragon Masters eat!" whenever they see a post by blacwolve?

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really...
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
My scars are as follows:

Left Cheek: My mom pulled into an ally way that she said was a short cut but turned out to be a dead end and she couldnt do a U-Turn. I was 4 at the time and sitting in the back seat. She says, take off your seat belt and look behind to see if anyone is coming while I back up. So I did and said she was clear and she hit the gas and I flew forward and hit the dashboard. 7 stitches.

Forhead: While dodging snowballs I hit barbed wire. 2 sets of stitches: 4 and 3.

Chin: I was 4 and slipped in the bath tub. 4 stitches.

Nose: I had a mole removed. 2 stitches.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

20 stitches...4 scars..pppaaaaiinnn..
Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't getting old at all.
*coughs*

Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Paul..just go away please...for a moment..
somedeadguy
Member # 3759

- posted      Profile for somedeadguy   Email somedeadguy         Edit/Delete Post 
ah, a woods cross kid... Interesting... I went to Cyprus. (ya' know, that ghetto school on the west side)

hhhmmm, I'm only at 150 posts and we joined at about the same time... This looks bad.

Anyways, congratulations on the 1,000th post and may you have much luck in your acheiving the big 2,000

[This message has been edited by somedeadguy (edited September 03, 2002).]

Posts: 738 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you go away, Mae, you're the one with the derailing of the topics and the bad grammar. Plus, if you don't remember, I've been here just a *bit* longer than you, and if I want to express the opinion that this is getting really F***ing old, I'm going to do it, and hopefully without any of your BS.

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited September 03, 2002).]

Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, Mae. Paul's enjoyment of being rude comes from his deep seated, middle-class, caucasin, teenage male angst. He'll grow out of it. And if he doesn't, someone will most assuredly beat it out of him with his own crowbar.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Designated Bumper
Member # 4487

- posted      Profile for Designated Bumper           Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.