Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 1000+ Memories

Author Topic: 1000+ Memories
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's taken eighteen months, but I finally stuck it out on a single username long enough to accumulate 1000 posts (exactly 100 of which are from this past week alone lol). I've been debating for some time now whether I should actually do a landmark post but, as one jatraquera said to me when I asked if I should, "why not?"

I was born November 11th, 1986 in Fairfax Hospital. Fairfax County, a rather disturbingly politically correct region of the US just south of the District of Columbia, is the only place I've ever lived. We moved once when I was 5 and then again (this time only my mother, brothers, and I) when my parents separated and got back together about 4 years.

My parents' marriage has been a fairly large influence in my life. My earliest memory (no joke) is of hiding behind the couch crying because they were fighting again. I think I was 2 then because that couch was given to charity when I 3. In any event, the fighting eventually got so bad that, when combined with being ostracized at my school, I nearly suicided sometime during the third grade (I was either 7 or 8). At times I can not believe how nearsighted it was of me to want to take my own life, to think that there was nothing worth living for. I know better now, though, and I thank whatever higher being that is "up there" that I didn't go through with it.

In elementary school I was always the "smart" kid that didn't see the point in doing their homework (another lesson I learned and am still learning far later than I should have). I started taking honors courses in the 7th grade and somehow ended up taking the SATs that same year as well. I don't remember exactly what my score was but I think I got something along the lines of 1030. In any event, it was enough to get me accepted into some crazy early entrance program at a state college. I eventually, however, decided not to go since 1. We didn't (and still don't) have the money to send me to college and 2. I thought it was best I get the high school "experience" over with. That was actually one of the better choices I've made.

Around the same time, my parents separated for the duration of about a month. My mother, two younger brothers, and I moved into a small townhouse and... well, it felt like heaven even though I spent most of that month working at a summmer dance intensive with the Kirov in DC. Dance was everything that kept me going for about 5 years and that summer, my last as a professional, was the very best. I was up at 6 AM for a quick snack before 4 hours of classes followed by 30 minutes of lunch, 4 more hours of classes, and then free time until 11 (lights out). I've never been so exhausted or worked so hard in all my life but never have I felt so accomplished either. This just made coming home that much better.

And, believe it or not (which I didn't), it actually was coming "home". I can't tell you the number of times I've cried myself to sleep in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house, while pleading "I want to go home". Now I just tell myself I'm leaving in two years and that I've survived over 14 already so where's the challenge? (Bonus points if you detected the false sense of bravado.)

Honestly, though, aside from my parents' constant arguements and Paul being gone (which, okay, is a lot of "not great" IMO), life recently has been great. I've finally learned how to (for the most part) deal with my parents' constant arguing and I'm starting to get a handle on my academics again as well (Three cheers for a 3.6 GPA, a 4 on AP exams, and a 1300 PSAT score! [Big Grin] ) My best friend, Renae, is beyond amazing and though we're both moving this summer (she to Ohio, myself another 20 minutes away from DC) I will always remember the good times we had giggling madly in IB Chemistry, competing for top marks in Pre-IB English, and doing nothing but chatting until 5 AM.

Plans for the future: So far I'm still just researching schools but I've found a few I'm crazy about so we'll see what happens when the time comes. For now I'm planning on teaching English at the high school level once I get my certification. In the meantime, though, I'm just waiting for Paul (aka Black Fox) to come home, working hard both for myself and to deserve him, and am trying to be the best person I can.

I'll admit it, I falter in that rather often but I am trying and though it may sound naive, I really think that's all I can ask of anyone. Though... lol, I wouldn't dream of holding other people to my own standards as if I don't measure up to them myself, how can I rightly expect others to?

In any event, this is my 1000th post and that's a little about me. [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
cool
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

Can you all just use your imaginations to tack on a quick comment on how wonderful you all are and how much you guys mean to me? Thanks. [Smile] [Wink]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Just about a perfect summary there, Pix. You're another one of those people here who I'm very grateful for.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Smart person! Nice person! [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome person! Pixie, you are wonderful! Hatrack should be glad to have you around.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been really great being your friend, Pixie! I'm honored to know you. You and Paul have my best wishes and complete faith, high hopes, and all my love.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

I told you I'd put something more then that smiley, and after much thought (okay, some [Wink] ), I still don't know what to say *grins*

You're a terrific person. I wish you all the best in the future, you deserve much happiness. I enjoyed reading a bit about your life, and I've enjoyed learning about you well talking to you. You're an interesting person and I look foreword to many more chats [Smile]

[ June 29, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
*tars and feathers Pixie*

Think of it as a sign of affection. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, you really are a terrific person. You always have some nice thing to say and I always enjoy your random little "Hello, how are you?"'s. Congrats!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Even besides the other pile of things I liked you for, I am deliriously happy when a cool person wants to be a teacher. Gives me hope, it does.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, you are my favorite person with xie in their name.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am very wonderful, I don't know about you guys.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie's pretty cool. I guess she can stay.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Very cool!

Pixie, you were among the first people to welcome me after I changed my lurker-status into a semi-poster status, and since then you've been nothing but friendly to me (and everyone else)...so thanks for being you!

Very touching post, I might add.

Good luck to you and BlackFox, although by the kind of people I know you two to be, I hardly think you'll need it!

[Cool]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep rolling on and don't forget to enjoy yourself along the way.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Love you, Pix! Cool of you to share with us.

I remember my parents' fighting all the time, and what a relief the separations were. I sympathize with you, there. Their eventual divorce was one of the best things things that ever happened to any of us, actually. It was horrid for a while, but they miraculously ended up on better terms than they ever had been.

Um, but anyway... I just wanted you to know that I've been there, and you CAN make it through and still have a successfull marriage of your own. *hugs*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound like a strong girl. I think that your life is likely to make an interesting and inspiring story.
Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, I'm glad you posted this. I didn't know a lot about you, and I'm glad that I know more now. I wish you and Foxy all the luck in the world.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad at least not ALL of you has been corrupted by Suad and T just quite yet..hehe..

It's great knowing you..have fun in D.C. with those politicians [Wink]

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on reaching 1000.

And on your test scores!!!

I'm glad you are going to college. Sounds like you might want to choose a place far away.

Unless, of course, you want to be nearby to provide a safe haven for your siblings.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on 1000, I'm really glad you went ahead and made a landmark post to share with us [Smile]

You rock [Smile]

-Myr

Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

Aww... :blushes:: You guys (and gals [Wink] ) are great.

(((((((Everyone))))))) Thank you!!! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.