FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 1/5000: Ya, I'm weird like that.

Author Topic: 1/5000: Ya, I'm weird like that.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I have been here for one year.
Today, I have hit my 5000th posts.
Today, I realize that I am still strangly odd.

I don't have anything really meaningful about my life to share, I don't have anything funny to really say, I don't even think many people will even care to read this ("Oh T has 5000. Hmmm. Ok"). In fact some people will probably remark: "5000 in one year. Wow. Must be a record." Well, to put to rest those rumors, I have found out that Baldar got 5000 near his one year anniversary also. So, yup. Looks like I can finally compare myself to Baldar in some way.

I suppose I should point out my very first post. It was in the Begging the Question thread page 19.

quote:

jehovoid
posted July 04, 2002 12:32 AM

Who's Joe Camel's cousin?

They're going to Endercon.

T_Smith
posted July 04, 2002 01:08 AM

Where were they going so fast with the keg?

It wasnt me, it was the one armed man!

Dan_raven
posted July 04, 2002 02:33 PM

Who pinched me?

Garganzola Granola

Yes it's true my first post was July 4th. I registered and then went away for a day. Weird. I've looked throughout that thread and realized that I have changed in the way that I post. I laughed at myself at how stupid one of my responses was, and the fact that I didn't capitalize I or start the sentence with a capital. Yup, Hatracks done me good [Wink] .

Lately, I feel like I'm slowly fading out, being looked over or ignored and forgotten. I guess this is normal every once in a while, but it didn't help when I found out that my friends have been having hanging out and partying and not bothering to call me, then telling me that they have right to my face as if I was there with them and they just couldn't remember. What's worse is when some people really do compliment me, I feel that they just want to be nice and that they don't really mean it. I guess what it comes down to is I don't believe I've contributed a whole bunch here.

Anyway, as was said in a different thread to a different Jatraquero:

quote:

Maybe at your 5,000th post, you'll start a new thread devoted to your memories of Hatrack ("5000 and still posting!!"). This will cause an uproar on Hatrack as everyone who remembers the first 4,999 that you posted will begin telling stories about what it was like "pre-filetted" and dragging up awkward posts from when you were a Hatrack child ("fake Hatracker").

My memories? Ok then.

I remember my first mafia game in October/November modded by Pat and Belle. LotR's/StarWars mafia.

I remember meeting Amka for the first time at TTT, how I stood in line saying "I'm waiting for my friends. They're just like my real friends only smarter" to about 15 people before she showed up.

I remember parachat sessions from a year ago and how I got all uppity at the word onanism. Hehehe...

I remember dozens of things involving Star Wars.

I remember the day I started the hug thread. That was a good day.

I remember talking about how I triumphantly waved panties this girl got for her birthday while riding in her car, showing them off to guys in a different car.

I remember when I let my sister drive my car.

I remember driving down to Provo to meet up with Jon Boy, DD, hansenj, Damandar, and Popatr. How could I forget? My car broke down and cost me 750 dollars.

I remember getting my head squished by OSC. That was cool.

I remember meeting other Jatraqueros at Amka's house and teaching everyone real life mafia. And yes, watching Pat fall of the tramp.

I remember the "Why did the chicken cross the road" thread. Actually, I remember both of them.

I remember when I realized Jon would be bigger than sliced bread around here. Actually, most people are bigger than sliced bread anywhere, but thats not the point.

I remember the Hatrack Horsemen of the Apacolypse Thread and the Talk like a pirate day thread. Those were fun.

I remember reading post after post from parents and realizing something. The kind of person that I want to be, and that I will live for is to be a respectable father and husband. I don't know what kind of father I'll be, I think I'd be too soft. It hurts me too much to hear a child cry that I would probably just give in.

I remember a comment made by msquared and echo'd by Porce. m^2 said that I took my lumps like a man, and porce said something to the extent of later in life, I'll be a good man. That was something I made note of. It was something I really felt good about hearing.

5000 in one year. Yup, I'm weird like that. I haven't said many a deep thing and I haven't had people rolling on the ground laughing. I haven't ticked everyone off beyond measure, and I haven't solved world hunger. And there's a lot of other things I haven't done.

I can still improve, I know I can. Hatrack, do me some more good.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises a glass to T*

Sorry, none for you. You little ragamuffin [Razz]

*ruffles T's hair*

edit: Hmm... now that I think about it, T, this may be the first time I've ever addressed you. Once every 5000 posts then, a tradition has been established! [Smile]

[ July 03, 2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*obligatory reminiscing remarks*

Yeah, we definitely enjoyed the first 4,999 - especially the water gun game fiasco!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember getting a package and letter from T_Smith with enough duct tape to last me the rest of my life. [Smile] I was so excited about getting a package that it about made my week.

Happy Hatrack Anniversary. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::cuddles bro::

we'll get you in lavender tights yet.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, I remember the same thing Jeni! That was awesome.

I also remember when I first said something to T, and was like "you probably don't know who I am..." but you did know, that was cool and made me feel special like "wow, t knows me!" Hehe

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
T...You've put my mind at ease. I've been here since January 17 of this year - almost six months - and I've made 745 posts (746 counting this one). I was worried that I had been posting too much. Obviously, considering your record, I am not. [Wink] Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
T knows me, too!!

I first related to T because he worked in a movie theater, like I once did. Power to the movie theater employees!

And T, I still think you're the coolest, but it doesn't matter because I'm a n00b. It seems even more newbie-y to write it like n00b. I won't ignore you!!

And by the way, your first post was awesome compared to mine. I first posted on The Other Side, about what? The Ender's Game Movie. I know. Beat me.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
sweet sauce!

kudos T and you couldn't have picked a better thread for your first post. *the force is strong in this one*

cheers. looking forward to the next 5000.

flish

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurenz0
Member # 5336

- posted      Profile for Laurenz0   Email Laurenz0         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know you, but you seem like you add flavour to the hatrack community.
Congrats on your 5000th!

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
(((T)))

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It wasnt me, it was the one armed man!
Why did I miss out on that one! That line was perfect for me! [Mad]

If you like why did chicken cross the road threads, don't forget the LotR Version.

Glad to have you around T. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
5000 posts and 365 days of T_Smithian goodness.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Hm, I'm not sure I've ever addressed T directly either. [Embarrassed] I typically use "T." to denote "T. Analog Kid," so I guess I really haven't. To be clear I'll always use "T" for "T_Smith" and "T." for "T. Analog Kid" from here on out.

Nonetheless, T, I read the thread where your sister drove your car. And a couple of your other "story time" type threads. Thoroughly enjoyed them, even if I didn't post.

Congrats on the big 5k! [Cool]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Has it been that long, already?

Sorry I never sent you your shirt, T. Life became intolerably messy; still is, really. I still have you on my to-do list, though.

I remember finding my voice on Hatrack. I remember what it was like to look over your posts from years ago and realize how much you've changed. As a writer, as a 'racker, as a person. There've been some big changes.

Anyway, loved your 5000th. Wish you would slow down so it didn't make me look so much like a lurker, but hey. What would Hatrack be without the T?

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Has it only been a year? And I do mean that in a good way.

I remember when you were new and hung out in the parachat.

I remember several months of you trying to convince me that I am a good person. I'm glad you've gotten past that.

I remember writing a PM that was a real slap in the face and wondering how you'd take it. I remember you took it quite well.

I remember your sister's screen name. [Wink] [Razz]

I remember a lot of mafia. A whole lot. And not the stuff you think. I remember picking out names for Battls School mafia, big bother. [Big Grin]

I'm still using the pie recycling bin. I'm still holding onto the other to use with my next theme.

I was listening to S&G disc 1 today when I drove in. Did I tell you I already owned the collected works, but my disc 1 was scratched? How did you know?

I remember that I have class today and I have to stop here if I don't want to be late.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember you and Amka winning that Star Wars/LOTR mafia game and the two of you dancing at the end.

I remember your long descent into mafia paranoid madness which still continues.

I think you already are a good man, T.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
T, you are definitely one of my very favorite Hatrackers ever. I know I probably say that about a lot of people, but I especially mean it this time. You're on my Top Ten Favorite Hatrackers list. You've done an excellent job at keeping this place fun, and it's good to have you around. Don't fade away just yet. At least not until after I've faded away (which I don't plan on doing).
quote:
I remember when I realized Jon would be bigger than sliced bread around here. Actually, most people are bigger than sliced bread anywhere, but thats not the point.
Whoa. I'm bigger than sliced bread? If you say so. Now I'm curious—what prompted this realization? If you'll notice, I'm close to my 3,000th post, so I'll need material for yet another self-promoting landmark post.

Anyway, you're a good man, T_Smith. Keep up the good work. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
So that's why Anti-Chris came out of the woodwork . . .

T, I enjoy your posts. I think you have a great future ahead and I hope to see some of it.

Bebe

Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
#$@#$@#%@#$

When I did my 1 year post, I had only 3000 posts, and everyone said that was impressive.

Now you have to show me up with your 5000 posts, and most of those good ones (not 4000 Last Thread Posts and 500 Celia Evil posts, but real ones).

Well I enjoyed them anyway. Keep up the good work, and ignore you little sisters desire to drive.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on 5000 and happy anniversary [Smile]

I remember you were the first Hatracker to call me a gutter mind.

You're also one of the posters that really stuck out to me when I first converted to this side.

quote:
and I haven't had people rolling on the ground laughing
Liar. I can contest to the falseness of that statement [Smile]

Keep it up!
Myr

Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::bump to boost ego::

Annie- Yes, that water gun fiasco was fun and I got my revenge so I was happy.

Jeni and Flyby I had a great time wrapping and sending those.

Ni, no you won't.

LMA- You are very welcome. I guess I could say that I help people who feel addicted to calm down a bit. [Smile]

Flyby and Ryuko- Of course I knew who you guys are, I try to keep mental tabs on those who post here. Ryuko, [Razz] on being a n00b, thanks for thinking I'm cool.

Bob T. Lawyer and Twinky- ::shrug:: Thanks for addressing me and enjoying.

Caleb, Thank you. I understand about the shirt so don't feel like you need to rush to get it to me. [Smile]

Celia- Thanks for the post and more. Thanks for just about everything you've said to me and about me in the past year.

Zan- Hehehe, thanks. I think I'm a good person, and have room to be a good man but thanks.

Jon- Thanks. You're on my top ten as well, though I hate admitting to having a top ten at all. And even though you may not feel like fading out, theres not much I can do about my mission, now is there?

When did I realize you'd be a hit around here? It was sometime in December, I know that because it was friggin cold. Anyway, I found a lot of the things you said to be funny and you appeared to be a decent fellow (as turns out you really are [Wink] ).

Dan and Bob- Thanks, guys. [Smile]

Myr- [Razz] Still enjoy you anyway...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
T - you're just cool.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
T makes me laugh. Mostly because he looks funny. [Razz]

No, really, Nathan, you're a funny guy and always sweet. It's hard to remember the 'rack before you came. [Smile]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey newbie, welcome to hatrack.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Xavier.

Congratulations T! ::laughs:: Think I'll catch up to your first year post count by my 5th? [Wink]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((Nathan))))))

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::laughs at Xavier::

Just out of curiousity, are there any lizardmen I should be careful of?

Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats T

how did I forget to put a smilie?!?!
Oh well...

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ July 04, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Big up, T. Here's to 5,000 more, mate [Smile]
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
You're one of the first people i remember from when I joined. I don't know why exactly, and the threads where we might have interacted are lost to the ages, but nevetheless, i remember T_Smith.

And, of course, your LEGENDARY Novak paranoia. It's a true treasure. I look forward to it every mafia game. And how we almost made a really good alliance in Matrix mafia but then you died. And Rakeesh was evil. And how we both trusted him. Stupid stupid. [Wink]

Congrats on 5,000 Nathan...here's to 5,000 more.

[Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I would reply with a compliment, but I just know that would be repaid with a compliment and this awful cycle would never end!

Instead, I'll try picking apart a compliment. [Razz]

*wonders what she's said about Novak*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
13.698 Posts per day. I'm surprised no one else worked that out. I just passed 100 posts (yippee! [Roll Eyes] )

[Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Belated Congratulations T! [Big Grin]

I read this read you first posted it but didn't feel like I had anything to say that hadn't been said already. Then, I realized that, even though it is repetitive, I wanted to add my congrats to the rest. [Smile]

Like many others, I was lucky enough to receive an infamous package from Nathan. [Cool] For my birthday he sent me a letter with a tooth in it. While I can't say that I kept the tooth (sorry 'bout that), I did keep the letter, and receiving it made my day.

Thanks for all you add to Hatrack, and here's to 5,000 more! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
(((T)))

I remember when you became my bro. I like having brothers that don't drive me crazy. [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I should work harder at driving you crazy, then.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.