FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 11,000 posts and the Bob FAQ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 11,000 posts and the Bob FAQ
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
FAQ 90: bob is a game?

if I lose the bob-game is there anyway to continue playing? are there cheat-codes?

A: Bob is THE game. The game of Life. The end game. The game in which everyone is a winner in the end.

part 2: there are no "losers" in the bob game. You can play whenever you want to and stop whenever you want to.

There aren't really any rules. The previous FAQ citing "rules" was just to give some peace of mind to people who feel uncomfortable without rules.

Since there are no rules, there's no way to cheat. We suppose that changing your name to Bob might be considered "cheating" in some circles (but not in Stonehenge which, as we all now know, is a model of the female external sex organs), but the Council of Bob (COB) has ruled in the past that such "naturalized" Bobs are just peachy keen.

Special to Leonide: I'll be carrying out my sentence in the near future.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, the other day on "The Price is Right," there was a group of people with matching t-shirts. On the fron it said: B.O.B. On the back, it said, "Bunch of Believers"
If you had a t-shirt with B.O.B. on the front, what would the back say?
Liz

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
- Secretly cling to the childish belief that you really are the center of the Universe afterall.
[Big Grin] This explains why we get along so well, then! I'm the sun at the center of my solipsism! [Big Grin]

If Bob was a member of the colonial congress, which member would he be?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben Franklin, of course!

Edit: And don't you mean Continental Congress, Joe?

[ July 10, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
FAQ 91: If Bob was a member of the colonial congress, which member would he be?

A: All this talk of "members" is making me flushed. I think I would be Benjamin Franklin, except that I would've electrocuted myself with that stupid kite trick, so someone else would've had to take my place.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Bob want to write for the Simpsons? Bob went to an Ivy League school, so that has to help right there. [Smile]

Did Bob ever consider having children?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does Bob's favorite hat have a stegosaurus on it?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

FAQ 92: Bob, the other day on "The Price is Right," there was a group of people with matching t-shirts. On the fron it said: B.O.B. On the back, it said, "Bunch of Believers"
If you had a t-shirt with B.O.B. on the front, what would the back say?

A: Bob no longer wears T-shirts with logos on them. But if he were to wear one that had the letters "B.O.B." on the front, it would have to say "Big on Barbeque" on the back. The shirt would be size XXXL in order to make the pun work.

FAQ 93: Does Bob want to write for the Simpsons? Bob went to an Ivy League school, so that has to help right there.

A: Bob wants to become famous enough to have a guest appearance on the Simpsons. But he would certainly enjoy writing for them as well. Matt Groening is to cartoons today what the Warner Brothers staff was back in the 1950s.

FAQ 94: Did Bob ever consider having children?

A: Bob hasn't got a womb. And you'd be surprised how this has shaped his life in so many ways.

But, as soon as he finishes collecting enough flasks and Bunsen burners, Bob intends to have a child. And when he does, boy or girl, that child is going into the Boy Scouts. So please stop asking! Would it help if I bought some frekin' cookings from them or something???? Sheesh! Leave me alone!

Alternate answer: I've thought many times that I would make a great dad. The truth is, and she will admit this, my wife would make a terrible mother for reasons that I shant go into here. And I love her more than I love the idea of having children. The choice would've come down to life with her or life with the kids after she left us. So... I made the choice I did.

Ask me in a few years if it was the right one. For now, it seems like the right choice anyway.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

FAQ 95: Why does Bob's favorite hat have a stegosaurus on it?

A: The stegosaurus is an ancient symbol of small brained, armour'd defensive goodness. In fact, among the various dinosaurs, the Stegosaurus was known to be good to have around in fight because:
a) he was so stupid he'd stand and take it giving everyone else a chance to run away.
b) He had those weird fin things on his dorsal surface so everyone made fun of him anyway.
c) A good half of his brain was in his tail section so no-one could tell which end was in charge at any given moment.

Alternate answer: I was in summer camp when I was a kid. For some reason, the other kids nick-named me "dinosaur". It wasn't because I was large or stupid, it was because I could always catch the ball in dodge ball or "Nationsball" as we sometimes called it. If you caught the ball, then the guy who threw it was out, and not you. Even the camp counselors used to get "out" when I was there.

I look back on that summer fondly because I was accepted in a group for the first time that I could recall (I was not part of the cool kids in my school) and because I kissed a girl for the first time. Or should I say, she first kissed me. It was underwater! I freaked out! But still, it counts as a first kiss in most of the books I've read.

[Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.