FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Hello Hatrack, my name is Jennie

Author Topic: Hello Hatrack, my name is Jennie
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn’t going to do this for a while (I even registered a new name so I could keep playing our mafia game), but I had a very strange morning which resulted in giving me eight hours that I didn’t think I was going to have. A hot air balloon appears to have crashed into the power lines by my work, closing the road and causing the phones/electricity to go out all through the Colorado Tech Center in Louisville. It was supposed to be my last day at my temp job. Oh well, right?

Anyway, I deliberated with myself about whether or not to do a big landmark post for my 500th. I have noticed that there have been a plethora of them lately, and I think mine might just fade away unrecognized. I’m definitely not one of the more well-known Jatraqueros, but I have been here for almost a year. I know it seems shocking to all of you, but I registered just before Jon Boy. Yeah, weird (kudos to the person who can name the Disney movie that comes from [Smile] ).

When I finally decided to do one of these I had no idea what to write. I have lived a pretty uninteresting life. Especially when compared to some of the people here. I was born into a traditional LDS family, I’m the oldest of five children, and I am currently 20 years old, single and attending Brigham Young University. Sure there are things that are unique about me, but I don’t want to bore you.

So, what is the point of this thread?

Well, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to tell you all what Hatrack has meant for me. After about 11 months I have only amassed 500 posts. I am a lurker who has aspirations of being something more. One hundred of my posts shouldn’t even really count because they were used on my Harry Potter countdown to book 5. [Cool] But, for whatever it’s worth, here it is:

Hatrack is a place to discuss OSC. I originally came here because I wanted to talk about Shadow Puppets the day it came out, but no one I knew had even started it yet, let alone finished it in less than 7 hours. Of course it was already being discussed here. [Razz]

Hatrack is a place to waste away the hours I should be using to do homework. My roommate was incredulous at how long I could spend in one sitting just reading threads here (since I rarely posted anything).

Hatrack is a place that makes me laugh out loud almost every day. [Big Grin] With people like Bob_Scopatz, TomDavidson, Papa Moose, Jon Boy, Katharina, and T_Smith around, every day is a party. I would come here only for the humor/fluff.

Hatrack is basically my only news source. I have never been one to religiously watch the news or read the newspaper. I’m not into politics, although sometimes I think I should be. I couldn’t even tell you the name of the vice-president if I wanted to (although, I do believe I would recognize it written down) [Embarrassed] This forum has made me more aware of things worldwide and nationwide, and for that I thank all you politically-minded folk.

Hatrack is a place where I can read of the joys and sorrows and strange happenings in all of your lives. I don’t post in every thread I read, so many of you don’t know that I have been touched/worried/happy/angry/proud/etc for countless people on this board. [Smile]

Hatrack is a place where I can watch big life changes occur, and in my small way, take part in encouraging and sometimes just reading. Hobbes, your faith is an example to me. Jon Boy and Diosmel Duda, you guys are going to have one joyful marriage.

Hatrack is a place where religion (and other very touchy subjects) can be discussed with openness and tolerance. I know there are people who think otherwise, and there is the occasional exception to the rule, but I am impressed way more than I am offended. The myriad of topics and viewpoints expressed on this board is exceptional, and I hope it stays this way.

Well, there it is. I don’t know if I said all that I wanted. I’ve never been too good with words. But thanks to everyone for making Hatrack what it is.

(((Hatrack)))

Jennie [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Jennie, that was great! [Big Grin] I love this place, too, and I love to see people talk about the good stuff here. Thanks so much!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The Emporer's New Groove. I love that movie!

I'm so glad you're here, Jennie. [Smile]

Self-absorbed side note: Somebody besides me thinks I'm funny! yay!

[ July 11, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((Jennie))))))))))

In 500 posts you've had such a positive impact on this place, all I can say is: Post More! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
It was great meeting you in real life, Jennie, and I look forward to meeting you again sometime. Even if you don't post much, I still think it's great to have you around. Keep up the good work.

Side-note to Katharina: I think you're funny, too.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Jon Boy: Glad you approve of your lynching. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Don't make me streak through a thread again. You remember how bad it was the first time.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I'm so glad your memory has improved. I was worried the pot caused permanent damage. [Smile]
hansenj
Member # 4034

ding! ding! You are correct, Katharina. [Big Grin] I think that's the funniest Disney movie ever made (not the best mind you, but the funniest).

[Eek!] Jon Boy, this is a PG-rated thread! There shall be no streaking. [Wink]

Oh, and I remembered one more thing I wanted to say. I have never been eaten OR burninated. Maybe that's why I still feel like a newbie. . .

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
*burninates Jennie*

Feel the love!

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

hey thanks! [Big Grin]

*feels the love*

Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
jennie, I would welcome you but you have been here longer than myself and you keep voting for my on the mafia thread. [Smile]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Jon Boy, this is a PG-rated thread! There shall be no streaking.
Tell that to Katharina. She's the one on pot.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
You really shouldn't disturb someone when their on the pot. They might get flustered and get all bound up.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

The pot he was smoking was responsible for the streaking incident, which is, I think, why he deleted the post where he did it. It must have been embarassing. Poor thing.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::scratches head::

You know, I should pay attention to peoples registration dates more closely. I've been assuming that you've been here longer than I have. Weird.

Anyway, it's been mondo fun with you here Jenni! [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

But I didn't inhale. Doesn't that count for something? To be honest, I think I get a little loopy just seeing people on pot.

[ July 11, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

hansenj
Member # 4034

Wow, T I never thought someone would think that about me. *feels special*

Hey HDD, can we be friends now that I voted for someone else? I decided that whether or not you are mafia we should keep you around because otherwise the game would die. [Razz]

Donny Osmond
Member # 5349

- posted      Profile for Donny Osmond           Edit/Delete Post 
*serenades Jennie*
Posts: 79 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you've been around forever, and I almost caught up with you post-wise! That makes me... a pathetic loser.

(shrugs)

But glad to have you around!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
psst, Jennie, it's Dick Cheney. [Wink]

Jon Boy, you wonder why you have stalkers. [Roll Eyes] Sheesh, but your clothes back on! [Eek!]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

That's about the last thing I expected to hear from you, Kayla.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Kayla didn't respond to my obvious taunt. I don't know whether to feel relieved or neglected.

[ July 13, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Jennie))))))

Congrats!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to second all the things you said about the joys of Hatrack [Big Grin]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.