FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 1000 Posts. Why am I still here? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1000 Posts. Why am I still here?
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Eruve in recognition of your many contributions to hatrack let me just say:

[Big Grin] Yay! New page! [Big Grin]

It is just so hard to pass up makeing a new page [Wink]

but seriously, glad to haveyou on hatrack. [Hat]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, missed starting a page again.

One thing I didn't mention, is that I have never been part of a forum before. So of course I just love all these cute little smileys, and use them whenever I get the chance.

And I know I'm addicted when I'm talking to people IRL and say things like "*grin*".

Teshi said:
quote:
That's sixteen posts a day. Sickening!!
Only sixteen?
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
You are still here because we love you.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz

And thanks for making Hatrack a weekend thing too. I used to ignore it all weekend because nobody would post. Now look at all I missed this weekend.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love you just fine, Eru.
quote:
You are still here because we love you.
Awww... [Blushing]
Nevermind. I feel loved now.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not so sure we love you anymore. you hit us when we tried to hug you. [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Nevermind, we still loves you, you is nice to us now. We thinks we are Smeagol in this thread.

[ November 24, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Rhaegar The Fool ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

PC- I'm me and I'm posting because I'm here.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Rhaegar)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
[Kiss]

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Yes, we is feeling the love.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
PC - does it stand for political correctness?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the exact same thing as glynn did. Landmarks should be based on time as well as posts. Just because you can post 700 times a day doesn't mean you deserve a landmark.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
um, i think that depends on what the landmark means to you.

a landmark post that exists because you feel comfortable enough to share enough of yourself to make one can be at any time. even at 200. even at 1.

of course, i'm required to say that since at over 2600, i'm still not comfortable making one and only have made the superficial 1000 and 2000 because of that accursed baron. [Wave] if you kids want to yell at someone for misuse of the landmark system/tradition, yell at me. i'm far greater a violator of the intent that this poster.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

no celia, you misunderstand

i think a landmark should come around when there are enough people who would care to read it. and when someone might recognize your name.

when i hit 1000, i wont be making a landmark for exactly those reasons.

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

1000 seemed to be a goal for a lot of people. So I made a landmark. Be glad I waited 'till 1000. Even if it is fluff.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

We loves the precious
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

We loves the precious back.
celia60
Member # 2039

how many are enough? and who are these people? is there some executive hatrack committee that decides who is and isn't worth reading about?

like every thread here, if you don't want to read it you don't have to.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Thank you, Celia.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Oh we most defenitly loves the precious more.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

hush up celia, you know exactly what i am trying to say and you are just being difficult.

saying that i dont have to read a thread means absolutely nothing and you know that.

[Razz]

celia60
Member # 2039

honestly, i don't. i'm just responding to what you're saying. shall we move this over to instant messanger (you know, when i'm on a computer that has it, instead of this lab one)?
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, you're right. I probably won't feel comfortable enough to make a landmark for a few months, even if I hit 1000.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

And it will still take you a few months to get to 1000.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
PC and AR -- just because you don't know or don't care, doesn't mean the same is true of others.

Is someone's landmark thread REALLY the place to be unnecessarily insulting?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I got two hundred posts in over the weekend.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
A landmark can be posted by anyone whenever they feel they have reached a milestone... if Eru feels 1000 is her milestone (heck, I posted a landmark at 500 the first time, I'm so comfortable here) then that's when she should do it! There's no specific rule for landmarking, it's whenever the poster feels that they have reached a certain point in there experience here, and that they want to share that moment with anyone else who appreciates it. Those who don't, needn't.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Celia here. People should post it when/if they feel like it. If they haven't been here very long and not a lot of people know them, then they will simply not get a lot of responses, but posting might still have been a meaningful act for them and for the people who do know them. But a discussion of when it's appropriate to post a landmark might better go elsewhere, lest Eruve draw the mistaken impression that she is not welcomed or liked--and I'm sure nobody means for her to think that.

I for one, think she's a sweetheart, and I'm glad she's enjoying the forum. I hope she stays long enough for me to get to know her better. [Smile]

Cheers!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Icarus. I'm really sorry if I used you as a launch-pad for one of my silly, sometimes mean-spirited diatribes, Eruve Nandiriel.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.