FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » 1000 POST LANDMARK: I Am the Man From Nantucket (Part I)

Author Topic: 1000 POST LANDMARK: I Am the Man From Nantucket (Part I)
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 

[ February 21, 2019, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool landmark post. I, like you don't have many early childhood memories. Thanks for sharing your story.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((Dave)))))))))))))

I really appreciate you're prescence here on the board. [Smile] (And meeting you at WenhCon too! [Big Grin] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stromwalker
Member # 594

- posted      Profile for Stromwalker   Email Stromwalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, a fine post
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember grade school fire drills. My buddy Jerry always got too excited and peed his pants.

Well done!

[ February 27, 2004, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon, of course this is just the beginning. I look forward to getting to know you better. The landmark is well-written, but they never can approximate the person.

[Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I love your writing, it's awesome, I really enjoy reading your posts. I can't wait to someday see one of your films!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on 1000. Great landmark post.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I once met a man from Nantucket. Let's just say that the stories about him are grossly exaggerated.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Too long. Won't read.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool landmark, Taalcon! I very good read!

quote:
describe the date of my birth – November the Sixteenth, Anno Domini nineteen-hundred-eighty-one
Same birthday as my oldest son (except his was 1985 instead of 1981). It was sunny and warm the morning I went in the hospital to have him, and snowing the hour I came out (Kansas weather in November).

Thanks for sharing!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon, print your landmark out and seal it in something that will preserve it. You've written a treasure beyond measure for your grandkids. Seriously. Do it now. Today. When you write your memiors as a very old man (and you'd better!), make sure this peice is in there. It's lovely, and real.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunder's Core Smith
Member # 6234

- posted      Profile for Thunder's Core Smith   Email Thunder's Core Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees with jeniwren*
Posts: 40 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
brilliant
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing a bit about you - [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, for some reason this reminds me of your first post on the original (and now lost) Dear Diary, Dear Bob thread at "olde pweb"...even though, if I recall correctly, you wrote about a later period of your life in that post.

Thanks for sharing. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds so cliche that the Triteness Police will probably shoot me on sight, but *sigh*

I'm proud to know you, Dave. [Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, that's a great landmark, and a fabulous childhood. Your family sounds wonderful, honest, and loving, but then, they'd have to be, wouldn't they? [Smile] It was...simply splendid meeting you at WenchCon.

I can't wait for part II. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we have to wait like 1000 more posts for the next installment? That's no fair! You don't post fast enough. Go on and do the whole series now. You can do something else for the next landmark.
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Taal (I'm going to start calling you Dave, cause now I feel like I know you), please please give us part two soon. That was a fun read.

I appreciate and notice you and your posts here on the board. You're a valuable asset. [Smile] (((Taal)) er, I mean...(((Dave)))

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

for more people not to read

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I once met a man from Nantucket. Let's just say that the stories about him are grossly exaggerated.
I thought Taal's story was going to be about this man. Instead, I got a very interesting account of Taal and his Sam. Thanks Taal!

I really really really don't want to know how Slash found out that the stories about the man from Nantucket were "grossly exaggerated."

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Taal rocks.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.