FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » This Is My First Landmark Post (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Is My First Landmark Post
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((Derrell))))))))) I am another one who would certainly miss you if you left Hatrack. You're a great person, and a wonderful friend! I definitely have had that experience of not fitting in anywhere, and not just by not being athletic, or preppy...

I never fit in anywhere because my background is so jumbled. I'm like a chameleon, I try to fit in everywhere, but I never actually manage it. Oh well, this isn't about me, it's about you, I just wanted to say that I understand exactly what you mean! *hugs again* Good to have you on Hatrack. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to everyone who's responded to this thread. Icarus, i noticed my post count is higher than yours. Who are you calling a newbie? [Wink]

[ March 04, 2004, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That's probably because he's posting under lowercase Lcarus the name, instead of Icarus.

Edit: (checks) Yep.

[ March 04, 2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Oh. Sorry Icarus.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Why the evil clone?

Hey, I could do an lmogen... doesn't work so well.

Edit: [Embarrassed] I can't believe I forgot [Embarrassed] ... sorry Derrell! I've really enjoyed having you at Hatrack - ever since you've been here I've found you incredibly kind, open, thoughtful, honest and caring. With those qualities, I definately think you fit in at Hatrack.

((((Derrell)))))

[ March 04, 2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why the evil clone?

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I first read that thread and thought 'dongle'??

'Dongle' is why the evil clone?

Then I saw the post number...

<wishes there was a penny drops smilie>

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, I'm glad to learn that Hatrack has become sort of a home for you. [Smile] It's good to have you around.

You'll find that the longer you stay here (even moreso than the number of posts, I think), the more people will get to know you, and the more Hatrack memes you'll carry around stuck to your pantslegs. Sort of like toddlers, but without the grape jelly. [Smile] And being a part of the Hatrack experience is all about weaving in and out, being here a lot then a little, killing a few threads, starting a few others, and mostly hanging with your buds.

No pressure. Just keep being a good guy. [Unless you want to go evil -- then you need to talk to celia. [Wink] ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Thank you CT and Imogen. I think I'll stick with being good. I wouldn't want to stray into celia's territory. [Wink]
Derrell
Member # 6062

Icarus, one of these days will you start a thread about your adventures in community theatre?
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd miss you if you left. Us Arizonans already have a hard enough time competing with those Floridans, Utahns, and SoCallers. [Smile]
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Da Goat, this is so true. We need to have an Arizona get together.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
We need to have a French get-together.
Oh, wait...
Since I'm the only one I can have a Hatrack French get-together in my own bathroom. Isn't that cool [Big Grin]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Oh yeah, sorry Icarus. My brain isn't working well today.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell [Hat]

It's nice to have you here.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Thanks Bob. I only hope that someday I can be half as cool as you. Oh, and congrats to you and Dana.
Derrell
Member # 6062

[Hail] Bob & Dana
Derrell
Member # 6062

I'm glad this isn't an onanism thread.
Derrell
Member # 6062

*Bump*
Derrell
Member # 6062

Cool, 25 different people have replied to this thread. Well, 26 if you count me. Again, I'd like to thank all those who replied.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, you are mistaking responses for the number of people who read this thread. Many people may read it, but have nothing specific to say, or feel it has already been said and so they don't say anything. There is nothing wrong with this. Constantly bumping won't necessarily get you more responses, and might get the rest of us wondering why you have some sort of inferiority complex going on.

That said, I'm sorry your mother is going through a rough time.

AJ

[ March 05, 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone actually post five times in a row.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By the way Farmgirl, I notice you haven't posted in my landmark thread.
Sorry about that, Derrell.

I really did read it when you posted it. I just couldn't think of anything original to say that hadn't already been said by all the other fine Hatrackers here.

Glad you found a sense of belonging here.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, a lot of persons probably read your landmark and hadn't see anything else to say. I for one often read landmarks and not post in after. I did it for yours because since I know what you are going through with your mother, I feel closer to you. Can seem stupid, but... [Blushing]
Anyway, it's a beautiful landmark, I'm glad you're here and I hope you'll stay for a long time and things will improve with your Mom.
((((Derrell))))
EDIT : BTW, I checked, and my own landmark never had a second page, and I'm an old-timer here !

[ March 06, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Anna))) Thank you.
Farmgirl, I'm glad you posted, but wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip on you. If it came accross that way, I'm sorry.(((Farmgirl)))

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.