FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Embracing the Great Big Maybe (My 5000 Landmark) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Embracing the Great Big Maybe (My 5000 Landmark)
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I adore this girl.

CT, You're amazing. I feel so privileged to have gotten to know you here! I hope you stick around for a very, very long time... You're probably one of my very favorite posters, I admire you enormously.

*clinks glass* Here's to 5000 more! [Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
CT, reading anything written by you that I can get my hands on, I've concluded that one of these days I'm going to have to meet you -- if only to try to exorcise those eloquently frivolous ideas that seem to fill your borderline-sinful mind. [Smile]

Unless, of course, you're as beautiful in person as you are electronically. That'd convert me for sure.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for matt   Email matt         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Every time I read a landmark post, I'm impressed by the poster's thoughtfulness, or strength, or dignity, or knowledge of self.

This is one of the few posts that've ever impressed me with _all_ of the aforementioned qualities. The world's definitely a better place for having had your story in it.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah! I definitely want to be like CT when I "grow up". Thanks for the first 5000, and the next. (((CT)))

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
You're excellent
And thank you...

[Hat]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow. CT, you are absolutely wonderful. My hero - I do adore you, and I am so incredibly you are here and part of this tribe. You're precious and fabulous. Thank you dear, for everything. Especially your story. Oh wow.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Sal she is!

[Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first came to Hatrack I dabbled in fluff (yes, I know that's hard to believe) before I decided to step into the hatrack world of debate. As I remember, I got into a heated discussion with Ted (pod) about patriotism, and CT swooped in, took me under her arm and calmly explained to me that Hatrack isn't a place for blind, baseless arguing -- that instead it was a place for mutual enlightenment that took place if mutual respect was given.

Now, she didn't say these words precisely at all. In fact, she never even led on that she was lecturing me at the time. I never felt offended, or upset, or anything. But the way she communicated, I instantly resolved that she was in fact, correct, and decided from then on that I would try my best to be nice.

That is what I think is so cool about CT.

[Hail]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
and then I killed her thread.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
Beutiful posts. (((CT))) (Don't know if you are one of those critical of parentheses, but I hope you at least don't mind the sentiment behind 'em in this case.)

I've always admired how you always remain above the fray and show class in all situations. When I feel that I have allowed myself to lose my cool, and be less than classy, I think specifically of you, and strive to be more like you. (I wonder if your ears turn red when I do that . . . )

Hatrack has brought such cool people in my life . . . I'll always be grateful for the people I have come to know here--particularly those I have met in real life. I wish I knew you better--hopefully we'll meet at DanaBobCon 2005.

[Smile]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to be a smart-a** and post something about how awful this Landmark post was, but I was afraid that it might be taken seriously...

And it wouldn't have been true. It would have been a lame attempt to deal with what I had just read.

CT: This is beautiful, and so are you, even if you won't admit it. I have been here, off and on, since 2001, and you have always been one of the most respectful people here. I love it when you post, even when I don't agree with what you are saying, because of the obvious time and effort you put into your posts.

I really liked how honest you were about the mistakes you feel you have made. It was very couragous of you to post your true thoughts and feelings here for us to see, and I am not suprised at all that the response haas been overwhelmingly positive.

I have one question, and if it is too personal then I apologize.....Why are you not having children of your own? I think that you would be a wonderful mother, based on what I know from here, and I was just wondering if it was a choice you made long ago or something more recent. If I am intruding, then once again I apoligize; I meant no disrespect.

I never thought I would live as long as I have, and I was sure I would never get married or have children, but I was wrong on all counts. I am still here, and JenniK and I were married this past Oct., and we plan on having at least 2 children, possibly more. Unless there is a medical reason for not having children you shouldn't give up on the possibility. Poeple change, and I think you would be outstanding as a parent.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea, you sometimes disagree with CT? Weren't you aware that she's right about everything?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well....yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to admit it.... [Taunt]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Truly, I don't ever recall disagreeing with her....I was just reserving the right to do so in the future.....lol [Laugh]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

I was saving this thread until I had time to read and appreciate it properly. Now that I have, I think I cheated myself by not reading it sooner. On the plus side, that means I get to *bump* it, and it surely deserves to be on the first page a while longer.

CT, I’ve respected and admired you all the time I’ve been at Hatrack. Your posts are beautiful and brilliant. And so are you, in person and online. I’m so glad that I’ve met you, and hope to be at many more gatherings with you.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.