FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Landmark 8100 – Hatrack Really Gets Under Your Skin (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Landmark 8100 – Hatrack Really Gets Under Your Skin
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 

[ February 23, 2012, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
What a nice post [Smile]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Dag.

You have touched us, as well. At least you have me.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
And me.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good thing his wife doesn't lurk. [Wink]

*grin* Seriously, though, Dag, it's good to have you around.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Wow. I'm glad you're here.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too... I don't have to argue with anyone anymore... I just say "what Dag said..." and my life is much much easier.

8100 posts already? you sick, sick man!

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap Jim-Me, I was going to say that. Dag always says things much better than I ever could.

Now all I can say is "what Jim-Me said".

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, you're wonderful. I'm tremendously glad you're here, and I love the story about the memorial. [Smile]

And so often you express my point of view so well, I just goof off on the sidelines. Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
TomD beat me to it.

Anyway, good job, Dag, and I agree.

I'll admit that your 8100 is making me feel rather inferior, what with my 1823, and the fact that most of your posts have contributed to actual conversation, and most of mine have contributed to off-topic jokes and fluff threads. [Smile]

[ November 17, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You have touched me as well, Dag...

And if you do not cease and desist, I will have to file charges yet again.

So Just stop it.

.I don't think it is presumuous for someone with over 8000 posts to consider himself part of the ongoing process of forming and adapting this forum. I think it is highly appropriate, to be honest.

I Have been here for years, and have seen a lot of people, good and bad, come and go here at Hatrack. I think you are a good person, Dag, and while we don't always agree on issues I always like to hear your opinion because it helps shape my own. I like having different angles of problems presented in a rational manner, and your post almost always do that at the least.

Welcome to Hatrack....again....and I for one and glad you are here.

Kwea [Wink]

[ November 17, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude [Cool] Dagonee!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] (((Dagonee)))
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I like your landmark, Dag. And I'm wondering what in the world you do with the rest of your time if you've 'racked (pun intended) up 8100 posts in ONE YEAR. [Smile]

I'm very glad you're here.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice landmark, Dag. I am *really* glad you're here; you contribute a LOT to the community, and you've helped to clarify my thinking on many issues with your thoughtful posts. Thanks. [Smile]

...can we still sign up for the Dagal? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*pies Dag*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. 8000 already?!?

Congratulations. [Smile]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Good lord! THAT many? o_O

Is good to have you here. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, who's getting billed for this time? [Wink]
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Dagonee. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Many days, Dag, I feel you've given a lot more to us than we've given to you.

Thanks for being the person you are. We never knew how much we needed ya until you showed up that first time.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, Dag, seems like only yesterday that I was posting stuff I knew you'd want to reply to in order to edge you closer to your 1000th post, which you were trying to put off so you'd have more time to compose your landmark post. [Razz]

It's been a pleasure, my friend. [Smile] [Wave]

[ November 17, 2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you and hope you die.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
At the hands of tyrannosaurs... in F-14s!!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, thanks for that thoughtful post. I've been here for four years, a fluffly poster at best, but still lurking there in the shadows. In all honesty, I can't say that I really looked for someone's posts until you showed up. Even back when I thought you were a woman ( [Blushing] sorry) your well-articulated points, arguments and thoughts made me think, rethink, and almost always say "That makes total sense."

So thank you Dagonee, for making sense. I really appreciate that you've taken a part in creating this community.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got you under my skin.
I've got you deep in the heart of me,
So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me.
I've got you under my skin.

I'd tried so not to give in.
I said to myself: "This affair never will go so well".
But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well
I've got you under my skin?

Dag: [Hat]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag,

Great post.

I have to say that it's a pleasure interacting with you on this forum. I hope we get to meet someday soon.

I'm also looking forward to catching you with a mistaken fact someday. Hasn't happened yet, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, you post too darned much! It's not a race, you know. Post counts don't really mean all that much in the grand scheme of things. Slow down and smell the coffee, er flowers. At this pace you will be me in less than a year. And then what? Where will I go then?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee. You are a person of might and valor, strength and glory, love and passion.

You are the epitome of a good person. Go in peace, friend, and let your heart be free of shadows.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congrats, Dag. We all love you. [Kiss]
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice post Dagonee. [Smile]

I agree completely - this forum is something special. I care about people I have (electronically) met here and consider them friends, even though I may never meet them face to face.

(Although last night Tony and I had a real live alaskan hatracker stay at our house! suntranafs (Tran) has arrived in Perth after seeing much more of my country than I have and all out of a not-so-big backpack.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Us here 'rackers wouldn't get under your fingernails/skin if you'd stop using us as a scratching post for sharpening your attorney claws . . . [Razz]

You add depth to the conversations, Dag - thanks for being here and being you!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Dagonee
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Great post, Dagonee. [Smile] I'm glad you're part of Hatrack!

It makes my post count look so much less obscene. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Dagonee, I honestly wish I could be like you. You've thoroughly impressed me with your depth of knowledge and straightforward attitude. It's always nice to know that when I make a completely un-researched argument in a conversation, Dagonee will always be there to set me (and in some cases, people who reply to me) straight. You're an awesome man brudda! :pats on back:

Oh, and awesome landmark post [Smile]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((Dag))

[Wave]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

[Laugh] "At the hands of tyrannosaurs... in F-14s!!!!"
Nice.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, what a lovely telling.

Congrats on the landmark. You are one of my favorite parts of Hatrack. [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, you're awesome. [Smile]

[Hat]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag, you rock my socks. You and Eve have got to come see me sometime.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was also thinking that if he keeps up the pace Dagonee will pass both Bob and Tom in... okay, Dag has averaged 20.35 posts/day. He is 9256 posts behind Tom, who has averaged 8.65/day and 8225 behind Bob, who has averaged 10.67/day. So if they all continue at their average posting rate Dag will pass Tom in 2.17 years and Bob in 2.33 years. Right? Math isn't my strong point, if someone else wants to run it and tell me how far off I am...

(I know posting rates don't stay current, since Bob already passed Tom once...)

[ November 18, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. You all mean a lot to me.

My number of posts changes in spurts - there's been at least one day with 200, although almost all were one-line fluffs and puns. It was the day of a hundred dobies, I think.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if you had waited an extra 92 posts, you'd be at an even power of two (the 13th power of two, to be exact).

You know, Dag, when you first showed up, I didn't like you very much. I thought you were abrasive and rude. But over the past year, you've grown into one of my favorite jatraqueros of all time. Or maybe I've grown to where I can appreciate the Dagness. Whatever. Either way I've become a total Daghead, if I might steal a Sasseism. So your landmark gets a Big Right On.

In closing, I'd like to pose a question: which would be more dangerous, tyrannosauruses in F-14s, or triceratops in F-22s?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me just interrupt to say that I do not find Dagonee offensive.

(congrats!)

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

saxon, I bet some of that change stems from changes in the way I post, and some of it stems from you getting to know me better - both to get used to my style, and to gain a little more trust in my reactions. I know I like Tom a lot more after getting to know him some. [Smile]

♪♪Getting to know you...♪♪

And eslaine, I find you unoffensive as well.

Dagonee

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a neat landmark. Glad you're here, Dag! May the next 8000+ posts be as intelligent and insightful as the first.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And eslaine, I find you unoffensive as well.
Where have I gone wrong?

Edit: Bad punctuation! Bad!

[ November 19, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I read this a while ago and didn't realized I hadn't posted. To steal a Ralphiesm

Dagonee *rawks*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.