FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Landmark 8100 – Hatrack Really Gets Under Your Skin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Landmark 8100 – Hatrack Really Gets Under Your Skin
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that no one seems to care about what could potentially be the most important question ever posed on this or any other forum. Come on people! Tyrannosauruses in F-14s or triceratops in F-22s? The fate of a nation hangs in the balance!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone knows triceratops can't fit in F-22s. Sheesh. What are you, liberal or something?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

What and a tyrannosaurus could fit into an F-14? It figures that a right-wing nutjob like you would conveniently leave out facts to make your side look better.

Clearly we are either talking about giant planes or miniature dinosaurs. Or some combination of the two, I suppose.

Edit: stupid typos.

[ November 19, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Did I say they couldn't fit because of size? No. I was talking about shape. They're front legs are too long, they have no way to grip the controls, and their horns would poke through the canopy if their eyes were high enough to see out.

Typical misconstruing of your opponent.

Dagonee

[ November 19, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Look, if we're talking about shape, then the tails are the real limiting factor in both cases. Presumably, dinosaur pilots would have to undergo some sort of tail surgery in order to fit into their planes. Of course, that would mean that the tyrannosaurs would fall over a lot when not in the cockpit, due to the lack of an appropriate counterbalance. But we're not talking about these pilots outside of their planes.

And besides, all of that is irrelevant. The core issue, which you seem intent on obfuscating with your nitpicks, is whether a big, slow, herbivorous dinosaur in a high-tech, fast, and agile plane would be more dangerous than a big, faster, carnivorous dinosaur in a less modern, slower, less agile plane.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Oh, sure, whether they fit or not isn't a "core issue." [Roll Eyes]

If you want to make comparisons in a fantasy world, then clearly a brontosaurus in the Phoenix from G-Force would win.

saxon75
Member # 4589

Now that is just ridiculous.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I suppose you like the lions from Voltron better?
saxon75
Member # 4589

Everyone knows that the lions of Voltron are totally useless except when combined to form Voltron.

This is pointless. We might as well be talking about leprechauns in Star Destroyers.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Those destroyers are always after me lucky charms.
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but a T-rex could fit on the bridge of the Yamato no-sweat!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag is like John: crusty on the outside, but a total softie on the inside. Sort of like a stale twinkie...

Oh, and the tyrannosaurs carry the day. Triceratops aren't carnivorous, why would they care about killing tyrannosaurs?

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Brontosaurs in B-52s...
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Pterodactyls in ...

Nevermind.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
Triceratops aren't carnivorous, why would they care about killing tyrannosaurs?
Dude, if you think that only carnivores are dangerous, I invite you to check out the stats on hippopotamus-related deaths.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Sort of like a stale twinkie...
And if anyone around here knows what it's like to be a stale twinky...
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite frankly, you're probably just about the best thing to have come to Hatrack since I left. I was pretty surprised to come back to read your posts. I wish you'd been around a year and a half ago. We would have gotten on famously. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
"Economic Importance for Humans:Negative:
Hippopotamus frequently raid agricultural crops. They can inflict a great deal of damage, and inhibit local economies. They are also highly aggressive creatures and have little fear of humans. They are considered among the most dangerous African animals."

Is this because they raid crops or because they do not fear the crop growers. Oh well. Pretty aggressive suckers, anyhow.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
And I don't know you, Dagonee, but I've read some of your posts, and I can appreciate them.

[Laugh] [ROFL]

Man, I will never get tired of that thing.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to squeeze in a sec to say, thanks Dag.

It is my opinion that every person should make friends with a good mechanic, nurse, lawyer and plumber.

With you here, we just about have everything covered in Hatrackland.

There are many people willing to argue, you are special because with you, I can discuss our differences.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.