FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » How I joined hatrack and 1,000 posts in exactly a year

Author Topic: How I joined hatrack and 1,000 posts in exactly a year
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
How I joined hatrack (a landmark of 1000 and a year)

It all started in September of 1996. I was a fifth grader, in a good class with a bunch of friends. We were all encouraged to start an instrument, either strings, band, or choir. One day the strings teacher brought her son to visit my class, he played cello for us. It looked fun, new, exciting, and he had some weird mysterious quality (as much as any 10 year old). The first concert was in January of that year, when the eighth graders all stood up, there were some really neat people there, the first I remember seeing was a cellist, a boy, had no clue who he was for a year or two. I continued playing cello, unlike my friends at the time, and got involved when I started high school. In middle school orchestra, there was a girl, my age, with really long hair, I thought she looked like an elf, but I never really got to know her then. The summer before my freshman year, at 4-H camp I met this little girl, she was a 4th grader, I was assigned to keep her from being shy or homesick, one day I was sitting on her bed, and she told me about her older brother, who was around my age, and really cool, but got into trouble a lot, I figured he must be odd, but I’d never meet him.

On the first day of freshman year, as I was walking to orchestra, I saw the girl I’d sort of met in middle school, she was in the high school orchestra too, so after class we sat together at lunch. We got to know each other fast, and sat together at lunch almost everyday of high school, except for five weeks junior year. Later freshman year, I met this girl, who’s locker was right beside mine, she had really bright red curly hair, and sang a lot. There was this other girl, who was in theater, and the yearbook called her a sophomore, I didn’t really get to know her till senior year, but I wanted to. Oh and I finally figured out who the 8th grade cellist was, and finally he was a senior now, and pretty much responsible to keep me from quitting or being scared.

Junior year, for some reason, I didn’t want to sit with the nice girl for a while, not sure why, it involved something about who she liked or some other teenage drama totally in my head. So I sat with her brother and his friends who were all freshmen. It wasn’t until the day freshmen got their class rings that I realized one of these boys was the older brother of the little 4-H girl, wow, my opinion of him just totally changed.

Senior year the redheaded girl was dating the sophomore boy who was the brother of the 4-H girl, we were all friends now, and one day I was talking to him online, he said “you know, redheaded girl made me join this message board, and it’s cool, theater girl, orchestra girl, and old cello boy are all on it too, you should join” So I did, and that was April 6th 2004, one year ago today. That day at lunch we discussed two hatrackers none of us had ever met getting engaged. Since then I have posted 999 times, who knows what I’ve said, but I’ve sure grown up and learned a lot along the way, made many new friends and a few different views.

You now need to figure out who all of these people are, no guesses if you are one of them.

8th grade cello boy

Orchestra girl with long hair who at one time looked like an elf in my strange mind

Redheaded girl

Brother of 4-H girl

Theater girl

The two hatrackers engaged about a year ago

The screen name i posted under yesterday

Warning, that wasn’t supposed to make sense, sorry if anyone was offended in the way I described them, or if [The Wave]

[ April 06, 2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: breyerchic04 ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I could figure most of them out. It would be easier for me than most. I'm pretty sure on the name you posted under yesterday...

lucy hummer

AJ

(edited for out of control conjunctions)

[ April 06, 2005, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
that ones right, oh and I forgot a teeny part so I'm adding it in now.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
well, red-headed girl was Raia

(trying to figure out the others)
Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
brother: JTStryker?
engaged couple (duh!) BobnDana

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

everything has been right so far.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know who everyone is! And I figured out your other screen name! And I feel special for being named! And for being the first person to be guessed correctly! [Big Grin]

Happy landmark, Sarah dear. [Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
How many people do you know with really long hair that could pass as an elf? I met one of them (camping), I'm almost certain. But I can't remember her name. Bad me.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

If you mean the hatrack campout, yes this person was there, but she no longer has incredibly long hair. Sorry I'm not sure who you are.
Raia
Member # 4700

I know who you are!! *bounces*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

Oh yeah. fiazko. I'm dodging my landmark [Smile]

Anyway, she had long hair then, right? Then I should know who you're talking about...I suck with names [Frown] . I'll just pretend I know and let someone else get the credit.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

sort of long, like shoulder length or something, but it went all the way down her back in middle school.
Raia
Member # 4700

She cut her hair about three years ago, actually. It's a little shorter than shoulder length now.

(edit: What Sarah said.)

[ April 06, 2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

imenimok
Member # 7679

Ok, not who I was thinking then, but if she was camping, then I still met her. Does that count for anything? [Big Grin]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

sure
oh yeah I know who you're thinking, but she's not on the list, or really on hatrack.

imenimok
Member # 7679

True, but you threw me off with the whole long hair/elf thing. I guess I got a little excited. I'll stop that. Congrats, btw.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Girl with long hair who may or may not be an elf has to be blacwolve.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

yes it is blacwolve.
imenimok
Member # 7679

I see it now. For some reason, I thought that was too easy. I better lay off the caffeine.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
The long haired girl you met was Mary, my best friend.

Was Fiona the theatre girl? You totally threw me off saying she was a sophomore when we were a freshman.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yeah, Kara, Fiona's the theatre girl.
imenimok
Member # 7679

I remember Mary, and I knew she wasn't a Hatracker, but I didn't see you as an elf.

And Raia, you confused the hell out of me with that post. No calling blacwolve by her real name when I'm around. [No No] [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, sorry fiazko. I guess it's because she called Fiona by her real name. [Razz]
imenimok
Member # 7679

I am so confused (but you're forgiven [Smile] ). What's Fiona's Hatrack name?
Raia
Member # 4700

She posts as kyrie. She posts very little. [Smile]
imenimok
Member # 7679

I remember her, though. It seems like such a long time ago. Then again, my mind was probably clouded by my miserable drive over.
Raia
Member # 4700

Where do you live, fiazko?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

So who's the cello boy? I don't know any guys on Hatrack that play cello...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

Columbus. It's not the distance. It's the fact that every time I enter Indiana, something explodes on the interstate, causing me to sit for hours at a time in traffic with nowhere to go and nowhere to go. For both Kamacon and camping, I had to pee so bad I cried. When I was tossing around the idea of going to Iowa, I actually tried to figure out a way to get past Indiana without actually going through it. Next time, I will swear off liquids for at least 12 hours beforehand.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm not telling who the cello boy is, but I will say you have met him farmgirl. Oh and I can think of two other males on hatrack that play(ed) cello, but we had a thread about it.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
meltingsnowman?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

to my knowledge (which I think is like 99%) meltingsnowman has never played cello, and he is only a month older than me, not several years, I'm not sure if he has met farmgirl or not.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea, but that is a wicked neat story!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

thanks. It's really not that hard, this person's been on hatrack since like late 01, they're male, a few years older than me (19), a bunch of people have met him because he's been to a lot of stuff.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

does Fugu play cello? I've never heard him mention it. And we've already ruled out Stryker...
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives FG a prize*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Wow! Cello and ballet! You had a much more rounded, cultured childhood than most people!
fugu13
Member # 2859

Thanks, but I mean, look how I turned out anyways [Wink]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

yeah you have them all now.

He also did photography and creative writing in 4-H (at least). The other two male cellists I remember were hobbes and either jon boy or nathan, I know it was someone from utah.

fugu13
Member # 2859

4H was fun, I'm glad I was able to do a full ten years.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm glad I did a full ten years too, not that I'm done, but I have something to throw into the building if I get too busy to get everything I wanted to do done.

Thanks everyone for the response to my landmark, I thought a game would make it fun (at least for me)

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
yay for Breyerchic!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice landmark, thanks for sharing.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
A very original landmark, Breyerchic! I liked it even though I was clueless about who was whom.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Thanks guys, this got bumped late, yay. You probably would have no clue who was who because I didn't give great hints, unless you knew the people pretty well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.