FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » A Corner of our Hearts-1K Landmark (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Corner of our Hearts-1K Landmark
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{ dpr &family }}}

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am in tears at my keyboard, and can barely see to type this, but I have to say that your story is heartwrenching, and I know your beautiful baby is there with you and looking over you and your family.

You are in my prayers...

Nicole

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
(((DPR))) [Group Hug] [Frown]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no words. [Frown]

(((((romany family))))) May you find comfort in each other, and remember baby Brian for always.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
{{{{dpr}}}}

Thank you for sharing Brian's story with us.

Your title for this thread brought to mind an image of a small plot of land in a great big garden. At first, the small bit of earth doesn't seem like anything special from a distance, but upon getting closer you can see small flowers growing throughout it. They are bright and vibrant. And, above all else, you can tell that it is tended with care and love and brings joy to all who go there. That's how I see your "little corner".

My heart goes out to you and your family. Brian Benjamin most certainly did get a lot of love.

You know what's funny. I was thinking about you earlier in the evening. I was wondering how you and your family were doing. Then I come to Hatrack and find this landmark post. That's what makes this place so great.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
(((romany)))
I'm so sorry. Even having gone through somewhat similar events, I still don't know exactly what to say. (((Hatrack)))

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, Wobagger, rivka... BotaLady [Group Hug]

larisse...that is beautiful imagry. I know that will come to my mind this spring as I plant the many plants and seeds people have given us. (Never in my life have I been so determined to to kill plants!)

mothertree...many, mnay hugs. I guess we know better than most that sometimes there are no words. [Frown]

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
romany, I wish that there was something that I could say that would give you some comfort. You and your family and Baby Brian are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am truly inspired that your grief has not stopped you from being happy for others. When something like this happens, it's so easy (and understandable) to become bitter and withdraw from people who care about you, but you haven't done it. The huge amount of respect and admiration I have for you just makes me even sadder that you have to endure such a loss.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug] [Frown] ...No words.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs. M...It's a choice, and not always easy. Will I honor or dishnor my son? I admit, the first time I came here after Benjamin ( we have started calling him by his middle name because it was getting confusing) died, and someone had had a baby, I sat and cried for 10 minutes before I could post congratulations. ( I admire you so much too, Mrs M.. you are just amazing)

[Group Hug] Little Doctor

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
romany, that was a tough thing for me to read, and I can't imagine how you wrote it. I'm glad you said it helped for you to share him with us.

Your son was so very beautiful. And Toni was right - he died knowing nothing but love. That is such a powerful statement.

I wish I could say something that might make you feel better - the emptiness you feel is unimaginable for me. I do want to say thank you for sharing his life, and his picture. I feel blessed that I had a chance to read it and see him.

(((romanylass)))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

I had to wait to read this until I thought I was strong enough.

[Cry]

Thank you for your trust. Sharing this grief with us was a huge compliment, and I thank you for it. I know how sharing can be healing, and I hope it continues to be a source of healing for you. I am happy to think that we can be a part of helping you heal.

(((((((romany)))))))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Belle and Icarus, thank you so much for reading this even though it was hard. Whenever someone reads our son's story and looks at his picture, it affirms his life.

You are helping to keep him alive.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
romanylass, I grieve for you. I am so glad you told us his stored and showed us his face.

Much, much love.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.