FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Frank (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Frank
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

This is so sad. Centurion will definitely be missed.

Thanks for sharing this news with us, Rie. It's amazing to know that he thought of us in his last days.

May he be at peace.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you stole my idea. I thought why not do a final landmark for Frank/Centurium, with some of his best posts. I got his ID number (3956) and did a search by it.

Below are some of his quotes. If you have any favorites, or want to take a few minutes, perhaps you may want to stroll through his words too.

quote:
(On practical jokes while visiting people)

People know that I normally travel armed.

Leave a live round under the sofa cushions, or put a hole in the screen in their bathroom and a shell casing on the floor by the toilet.

For some reason that seems to have friends and family calling my machine for weeks.

on Ralphie

quote:
Ralphie,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself and then take your heinie back here. I, like Bob, enjoy your humor.

I understand how hard it is to tell someone to turn off the machines and I wish that any poor words of mine would make you feel better.

Frank

On what to blame on Mack

quote:
Hair styles of the 60's

Disco from the 70's

I will accept full blame for the 80's

However, none of this compares to the horror and atrocity(?) that comprises the entity known as the Olson Twins!

{How can you even sleep at night?}

On life in general

quote:
Still naughty.

Still loving it. [Evil]

On Hugs
quote:
I'm not real hugable.
A flaw on my part.

And a girl just gave me a fat lip.

I'm having a good day.

THere are so many more. The more I read, the more I realize how much I'll miss our Centurion.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]

Is there anyplace we could donate money in his name, or something?

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Cry]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping someone would do a tribute collection for Cent. I can remember almost all of those posts. Patton had a quote, I don't necessarily agree with the first part, but the seond fits Cent to a T.
quote:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.
I can't claim to have known Cent all that well, but one thing I took away from reading his posts was gratitude that were people like him out there.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*bumpity* Can we make this a Landmark? It's closer to a Speaking but I don't want it to be lost.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I just reread this and I agree with Banna that this should be in the Landmark forums. Cent was a gem and I think it'd be a shame if this tribute thread was lost. Maybe we can bug PJ about it after he gets back.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.