FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Picture Story (10,000th Post) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Picture Story (10,000th Post)
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
yay Ick [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Great post Icarus! Boy I can really relate to the weight thing. (By the way, you're pretty hot in all the adult photos, so the evidence is against you being obese. [Wink] )

I've never felt thin in my life. I was 270 pounds in high school, but lost a lot of weight after that. I have photos from my mission and from my time in the AF and think "Wow! I was really thin back then." I wish I could have felt thin back then, then I'd probably have been better equipped to maintain that weight.

Loved your landmark. If you, Cor, and kids ever want a vacation in the PA area (1.5 hours from DC and Philly) we've got a spare room.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know when we'll next get up north, but, likewise, if you ever find yourself in Orlando, look me up. [Smile] I would love to hang out with you sometime.

[ February 28, 2006, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider and Leonide LIVE in PA and have never gotten to meet Karl!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
What a great landmark. [Smile]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leonide:
Strider and Leonide LIVE in PA and have never gotten to meet Karl!

Sounds like the makings of a clump! [Smile] So when's our first gathering?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
and I just have to say, mango and banana are adorable.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 10,000 Joe, and thanks for such a lovely landmark. Your family are gorgeous.
Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Coming to Orlando Saturday!

I'll wave as I drive in & out of town. [Smile]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Tease.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Great landmark, Joe. Thanks for sharing it.

And for what it's worth, it never once crossed my mind that you were fat in any of those pictures.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
That was fascinating, Ic - I've read it twice already. The thing that shocks me is that you thought you were fat at any point in your life.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, you need to realize, though, that where I had a choice of pictures (i.e., adulthood) I chose the ones that were most flattering! [Smile]

-o-

Thank you all for reading my landmark, and for all the nice comments! [Kiss]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this!

But I read it now. Great landmark, great pictures. I almost cried reading about how your old photo book was destroyed. How awful to lose that treasure.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
The 14th, huh? I have EVERY Tues off, at least until the new job comes through, so I would probably be up for it, just let me know for sure about a week in advance. [Big Grin] I am not sure JenniK can come, she is getting ready for a trip up north. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, you having Tuesdays off is one of the reasons I'm trying to shoot for a Tuesday . . . so knowing you, you'll probably decide you can't make it. [Razz]

-o-

Well, Dana, now all I have to do is get my wife to pick out some pictures of her life, and maybe I can make our own version of that book, so all will not be lost.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What a fabulous idea and tradition to get rolling! Make sure to share some of that album, too!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
That was an amazingly beautiful post, Joe. You actually made me cry. I am blinking back tears right now as I am typing this. I don't think anything I've ever read on a forum has ever moved me so deeply.

Thanks for telling me about it.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Wow.

Thank you for reading it, and I'm glad it was meaningful for you. Writing it was a powerful experience for me.

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus,

You're one of the posters who got me interested in Hatrack in the first place; I've consistently looked forward to your posts for something like three or four years now, and in that time I've come to consider you a friend.

Which is kinda weird, considering I'm a complete lurker and the only times we've actually interacted much outside of the much-maligned HugThread, we've been on opposite "sides" of whatever we're talking about (Goodkind, anyone? *grin*).

What I think might have gotten lost in the shuffle is that I've always...dunno, related to you, even those times when I didn't have much to add to the discussion. Struggles with faith, love, parents, body image, heck, even Hispanicness...it seems like whenever there was some issue I was working out for myself, I could always count on a useful perspective from you.

Basically, in less windbag-y terms, I've just got to say that hopefully it's not too weird coming from someone like me (who doesn't interact all that much here or on Sake), but I'm glad to know you and find out more about ya from your landmarks, which have always been great. This one was no exception.

Happy Landmark, dude. You're a huge part of the Hatrack Experience. [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.