FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » Hello, my name is Reticulum, and I am 13 years old ( A landmark ) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hello, my name is Reticulum, and I am 13 years old ( A landmark )
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
So here is the one who "blessed" us all with Reticulums presence? [Wink]

(I'm kidding, after all Ret's one of my true friends here on Hatrack) [Smile]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
*gives Bando a cybernetic hug*

Thank you, that was the kindest thing I have ever read. It is an extremely good feeling to hear words to that effect from a person I put in highest regards, and give unlimited respect. Also, it is good to hear words as such, from a person I try to model self after, (not supposed to be creepy) and reading that makes me feel as if I am suceedeing.

Thank you.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Bando, I hope you don't think anyone was criticizing you or suggesting you should apologize. I was simply commenting more on my own comfort zone, and on my freedom to not be a professional here.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
What the... Icky are you appologizing for me again? I thought I asked you to stop that.

Now be quite and get back in my head and stay quiet or no more junk food. [Wink]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

quote:

Now be quite and get back in my head and stay quiet or no more junk food. [Wink]

THAT was funny! : [ROFL]
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I thought so.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

It's just funny to imagine.

*wipes tear from eye*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Yeah. Glad i thought of it so quickly. [Big Grin]

[ROFL]

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Reticulum - I'm actually really surprised that you are as young as you are. I thought you were much older. And you don't have to worry about people judging you because of your age, as others have said. If anything, it makes us more likely to cut you a break. Welcome to Hatcrack!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Thank you Evie! [Smile]
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
Now, usually, I ignore Reticulum's pre-class inqiries (of which there are MANY, let me tell you), because I'm otherwise occupied with getting ready for the class. You know. Writing information on the board, finding my music, telling the tuba players to stop wrestling, and getting the saxophonists to actually get their instruments out. That kind of thing.

I have to say, this was so utterly us (i.e. the saxophone section, and the tenor saxes in particular) that it's not even funny. In high school (yes, when I was first chair), the tenors decided to boycott any note faster than a half note. The best part was that because our parts were always ALWAYS doubled by another instrument (alto saxes, trombones, baritones), no one ever noticed. Easist band year ever. [Smile]

And Ret, I joined here when I was 15. That was about six and a half years ago. [Big Grin] So you see, teenagers can make it here - even though it may sometimes seem like they're unfairly persecuted for not having "life experiences." Well, that's where teenagers rely on the helpfulness and kindness of strangers - to ask them for advice and an ear.

Incidentally, thank you to everyone who's kept me around this long. It means a lot, and I hope other young'uns realize just how awesome you are.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

It's good to see others sympathize (sp?) with me. Thank you Carrie, I will ry to become as successful as you, in the topic of intgrating.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Tact? What is this Tact?

I for one, am quite impressed. I remember, dimly, being Reticulum's age. Just kidding, it was only 8 years ago! But at that time forums of this type were not as available and accessible as they are now, and I had fewer outlets outside school. I too found solice with certain teachers, being a bit of a cast off, and bad with interactions among classmates. BandoCommando reminds me of how important even the slightest comment could be when it came from a teacher who's respect mattered to me. A word that singles you out as special is like sunshine on your ears, a reprimand is like a weight on your shoulders. For me it was also music, and english classes where I wanted to "shine." In college now, I see that in many ways I haven't changed, just changed heros.

I wish very much that I could have been as tuned in and open as Reticulum is to the great learning experience of life, the universe and everything, at the age of 13. I am quite jealous of your opportunities, and your abilities Reticulum, even if they come at the price of not "fitting in" as they probably always do. No matter your age, you may always be different and special, and that isn't a burden if you don't want it to be.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
You spelt sympathize right. I can't believe I care...
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
13, eh? I don't know, I was expecting something like this, but it doesn't make me any more or less inclined to read your posts. And first I should be around here more often to read your posts, I've been quite out of the loop when you wrote the majority of them. [Smile]

Anyway, I'm glad you realized this about the age thing. Keep on posting! [Hat]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Wait, were you expecting it from me, or from someone in general?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Ret i never would of guessed you be my age
let alone younger
i'm 14 right now and i understand your reasoning i was working on that thing too.

Boy and i thought i was mature for my age

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, Ret. I thought you were older! Like, way older. But I thinks it's cool having someone my age here. Funny, two middle schoolers had a war, over a drink. [ROFL]

TRUMPET RULES!!!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Hmm, I never thought I would find smoeone who is my age. I think you guys should create your own landmarks for this.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
Does this mean you're really 13, Tres? [Taunt]

Just because his logic is usually suspect doesn't mean....

Wait, that wasn't what you meant......

Carry on. [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
Hmm, I never thought I would find smoeone who is my age. I think you guys should create your own landmarks for this.

Probably not a Landmark, as that's a different sort of thing***, but an introduction (a'la Jeesh's thread) would be in good order!

It would be great to learn more about you guys and what makes you tick. Sometimes it's knowing the details that really makes someone stick out in your mind, and that gives you two something to talk about. Plus, we have a lot of neat new people to get to know.

------------

***(Has anyone recently explained the "Landmark" meme here and what it means? It's kind of a peculiar thing, fraught with tradition, and that can be a tough one to grasp at first. Maybe someone else is up to the challenge. [Smile] )

------------

Hah! And ElJay clarifies for me. Thanks, sugar! [Smile] That's an awesome summary.

[ March 09, 2006, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

[Big Grin]

What if we did a thread were we can ask questions to "groups". By age. Like 10-15, 16-20, 25-30, and so on? It might help prepare the younger people and help "renew" the inner children. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

I don't think there are any 10 year olds here.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
We had one of those once, I believe. Ask the some weird age range, almost a dobie of Ask the Rebbetzin.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

What's a Rebbetzin? I have absolutely NO idea of what you are talking about.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
google it.

or just look here

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Maybe there are. You never know. I didn't think there were any other middle-schooler here.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see why this should be a landmark.

[ March 11, 2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: cheiros do ender ]

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

*Looks at post count*

Thy post count is puny, wretched knave! I have a feeling there are at least 2 more Middle schoolers here.

*ponders*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*laughs at Ret's language* You know maybe Primal was right, adding a Shakespearean tone to certain words is funny. [Laugh]

Oh, boy. *wipes tear from eye*

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

None of those words are uniquely "Shakespearean".
Advent 115
Member # 8914

quote:

Thy post count is puny, wretched knave!

Really? I think it sounds like it. (I picture him sounding like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail") [Big Grin]
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

- posted      Profile for SiriusSky   Email SiriusSky         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* you guys really crack me up.
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:
quote:

Thy post count is puny, wretched knave!

Really? I think it sounds like it. (I picture him sounding like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail") [Big Grin]
Only if his arms and legs are stumps...
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Interesting; I imagine it sounding like the Black knight.

"Come back here and I'll knaw your ankles off!"

Advent 115
Member # 8914

That is exactly how I kept picturing you Ret.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

What, like the black knight?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Yes.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Oh, so you view me as stump? I suppose your going to start calling me Stumpy?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

No. I just read that last post as sounding like the black knight.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Oh, that is good. [Smile] I like that. Wretched Knave!
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Don't make you limbless like the black knight you little...
Reticulum
Member # 8776

But how will I conquer the world? People will call me stumpy!
Advent 115
Member # 8914

One of the greatest military minds in history was crippled, his name was Sun Tzu. And lets not forget Napoleon and his gout. There have been many great minds with disabling physical problems, but they still did great things.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Yes, but I have none
Advent 115
Member # 8914

But you do have the problem of being young, only Alexander got as far as he did because of treachery (killing his dad).
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Hmm, I don't think someone could accomplish that today. To much prioroty is placed on age. Even if he were a great strategest, the only countries that use them, would be China, or the U.S. of A.
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

One of my favorite books is by Sun Tzu
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

The art of war?
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

That, too.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.