FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » Intergalactic Medicine Show #17-- Reviews and Comments

Author Topic: Intergalactic Medicine Show #17-- Reviews and Comments
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Medicine Show comes rattling back into town-- and it has a brand new coat of paint! Selling new lies and old truths, dust from the bones of stars, and extract-of-wonder, the Intergalactic Medicine Show returns from a hiatus at the far edges of reality.

My picks:

Sparrowjunk: This is one of my slush survivors. As the father of a child with a life-threatening disease, I really related to Steve's predicament. Also, I'm a sucker for fairy tales. I loved how Matt wasn't this sweet, Disney caricature of a child; he has his bratty moments, too. Schmitt's writing is the kind of writing I like to read-- tense, elegant, close POV.

Sister Jasmine Brings the Pain: Another of my survivors. I knew I was going to pass this on for Edmund's approval before I even got halfway through the story. Come on-- all possible apocalypses happening at the same time? A nun with a shotgun and an eager robotic, zombie-chomping canine companion? A android gal detective, and her telepathic pet? OH, HECK YES. It helps that Carr's a great writer, too.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lois Tilton Reviews IGMS #17

Congrats to Frank Wolkomir and Frankie and Johnny and Nelly Bly for garnering a recommended rating!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.