FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show » IGMS #27-- Our Vast and Inevitable Death, S. Boyd Taylor

Author Topic: IGMS #27-- Our Vast and Inevitable Death, S. Boyd Taylor
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link to writeup on Side-Show Freaks

Excerpt:

quote:
Somewhere around 1992, I read On the Beach, Nevil Shute's 1957 novel of what happens after a nuclear war. Basically, most of the world is dead, except for Australia -- no one had any reason to nuke them. So the last American submarines go to shore there, and everyone waits for the radiation that will eventually come in and kill them all. The book is about how different people react in the face of certain death, which is fascinating, and -- even though I was only 16 years old -- I swore I would one day write a Fantasy-genre paean to it.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scott, or to whom it may concern,

I wanted to let someone know that I have a subscription to IGMS, and I have recently downloaded all issues for my Kindle from the IGMS website (.mobi version sent to my email smonahan@netzero.net). I have gotten all issues except #27. I've tried a couple times, but selecting this issue does not send anything to my email.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: I have received it now. It appears that, since this issue is the default in the drop-down list, I must select a different issue, then re-select 27 for it to work.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean--

Thanks for the heads up.

I just tried it and was able to get the default issue without touching the dropdown box. I used Firefox and got both the .mobi and the .epub files.

Maybe someone fixed it in the meantime?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

Thanks, Scott. I was using IE, that could be the problem.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.