FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Uncle Orson On the Fly » Ticket to Ride!

Author Topic: Ticket to Ride!
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Having just played the Heart of Africa map with friends last night (came in second by one space, and the third place was one space behind my team, so it was a very fun, close race the whole game), it was really cool to read today's On the fly. Additionally, while my device doesn't handle the app, I did get it for my PC, and it's very fun that way - and I confirm OSC's experience with the AI. I also liked the observations about the blocking strategy - I should remember to tell people that when I'm explaining the rules. [Smile]
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
staredecisis
Member # 13054

- posted      Profile for staredecisis           Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed when I got this email. I was just playing with my family yesterday!

I prefer the long route strategy. He's right that the AI goes for it too often, but I also believe it is generally the right way to go if you get the cards early in the game.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Long route is great when you have the bonus for Longest Train, but if you're playing Heart of Africa, with the Globetrotter bonus for most tickets instead of longest train, it doesn't tend to be as worthwhile.

Though if you create a strong spine, you can usually branch other tickets off of it fairly easily, so there's arguments to be made either way. [Smile]

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.