Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Novel - Title Withheld

Author Topic: Novel - Title Withheld
Alias
Member # 1645

- posted      Profile for Alias           Edit/Delete Post 
I am at the moment with-holding the title of a novel I am co-authoring. We have completed the first section of the book (up until the 20 year gap) - If you've been following me at all you may remember my prologue issue. Basically this is a passage close to 40 pages double spaced.

It is long but I would appreciate readers' reviews. Especially from fellow writers, however I in no way want to jeapordize the potential to publishh this in the future.

Can I legally mail this section to an interested party and they could read it and critique it. Also would anyone be interested?

I also do not want plagerism or idea theft to occur (even though teh draft probably isn't nearly that good) but I feel the members here are honorable.

If you're interested in helping me and would like to read it I would very much appreicate it.

Posts: 295 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
I do remember that I reviewed a couple of alternate prologues...but I don't know what I did with them or remember exactly what they were about

You can legally mail it to whoever you want, and as long as you mail it only to select persons known to you, expressly for the purpose of critiquing the material, it doesn't count as publishing.

If your story has an idea that's original and interesting enough for me to be even slightly tempted to steal it, rest assured that I will do exactly that. If you are willing to take that risk, by all means send it over

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Alias
Member # 1645

- posted      Profile for Alias           Edit/Delete Post 
Survivor I admire your honesty and because of it I feel very interested in sending it to you. I doubt you will take anything from my story and if you do, how ever more the flattering.

I will however wait until a few new things are revised and the section is a little more polished. As of now a very critical point has risen and a few very important things need to be worked out. A good part of the work may need to be re-written so until then I can send you nothing.

However I do again reiterate that I admire your earnesty.

Posts: 295 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.