Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Geronimo & the Whale

Author Topic: Geronimo & the Whale
baduizt
Member # 5804

- posted      Profile for baduizt   Email baduizt         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a slightly humorous SF piece, which is the third in a series including 'Coral' and 'Sirensong', which have already been subbed. In the previous stories, for anyone who doesn't know, a scientist creates a whale in a future where the creatures are extinct, and then a man finds the whale on the beach and discovers a merman inside it. The first story is a SF action piece and the second is SF erotica/paranormal romance.

GERONIMO & THE WHALE

Geronimo Quark liked to bet. That was why, as he lifted his eighteenth pint of the evening, he wasn’t scared.

‘Six thousand,’ he said smugly.

Dr. Wilkin Bowel furrowed his brow. Was his drunken companion serious?

‘That’s all your savings.’

‘Precisely,’ Quark said. ‘And I’m betting you, Dr. Bowel, that I can find a better specimen than your hippopotamus.’

Dr. Bowel was not a medical doctor, you understand, but rather a PhD of palaeontology. His was a quest to track down the remains of extinct animals for his grand catalogue: Book of the Dead. Included already were entries on the dodo, the jackal and the Liz Taylor. And now, of course, the hippopotamus.

[This message has been edited by baduizt (edited January 01, 2008).]

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited January 10, 2008).]

Posts: 195 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm good for the third--send it along!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baduizt
Member # 5804

- posted      Profile for baduizt   Email baduizt         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Anne ;-)
Posts: 195 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
will and life
Member # 7745

- posted      Profile for will and life   Email will and life         Edit/Delete Post 
that intro really drew me in. quite entertaining. i'll read it if you want.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LCastle
Member # 7363

- posted      Profile for LCastle   Email LCastle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll look too
Posts: 100 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdawgpoet
Member # 7046

- posted      Profile for bigdawgpoet   Email bigdawgpoet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'll read.

I've been waiting for this third before I crit. :-)

~Ben (bigdawgpoet)

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.