Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » "Raleigh's Clinic" SF 300

Author Topic: "Raleigh's Clinic" SF 300
SaucyJim
Member # 7110

- posted      Profile for SaucyJim   Email SaucyJim         Edit/Delete Post 
(Microfiction, written two years ago, revived because I only just realized there may be a market for it. Should be thirteen lines here, if not let me know and I'll fix it. I'll take volunteers for the full thing or just 13ers.)

From his office Doctor Raleigh could hear the tirade in the waiting room. With a heavy sigh he put down his pen and stood up, smoothing out his tie as he walked out the door. There, standing in the middle of the room and screaming her head off was an older woman clutching the hand of a six-year-old child.

“Miss Parkers,” Raleigh began but was quickly cut off by her ranting.

“This one is too much trouble!” she screamed, getting into his face and dragging her son with her. “He’s defective, I tell you! He and all the others! What are you trying to pull, doctor? I’ll have you know that if I used anyone else’s clinic...” She continued on this trend for a while, with Raleigh trying his hardest to get her to stop.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
'ello, Saucy Jim!

Sounds cool. I'll read.

Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catchthecat
Member # 8043

- posted      Profile for catchthecat   Email catchthecat         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really intrigued, I'd like to read the rest too.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Something strange happened here. I remember posting "I can have a look" because it was followed by something almost clever like "three or four times" since this is so short. I'll give it a go if you haven't already subbed.

[This message has been edited by Bent Tree (edited June 25, 2008).]

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaucyJim
Member # 7110

- posted      Profile for SaucyJim   Email SaucyJim         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm officially announcing closure of this story for workshopping. I've received from awesome feedback, probably enough to get the pub. Thanks to you all who read or considered it!

Hopefully you'll be able to check into the "sold" forum and see where it'll be printed.

Thank you again, Hatters! Until next time.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.