Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Done! (I think.)

Author Topic: Done! (I think.)
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm finished with my novella, A Case of the Tumblebones. May not seem a big deal to anybody else, but it's big to me. It's still going to get some final polishing (more if I spot glaring errors or plot holes). I sent out portions of this to several people and got some nice feedback as well as helpful criticism. Now it's done. If anyone wants to take a look at the finished product before I submit it, then just ask. Thanks in advance.

By the way, I first posted this in the Novels forum, under the working title "Helmur". Oh yeah, it stands at 20,465 words, using wordcount.

Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll read it.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

- posted      Profile for andersonmcdonald   Email andersonmcdonald         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Meredith!! I'll send it out.
Posts: 456 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XD3V0NX
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
This is just a question, but isn't it supposed to stay in the novel forum if it's at 20,000 words? Because I've been putting my novellas and novelettes in that forum and they are like 15,000 to 18,000 words...

Anyway, if you haven't sent it yet, I'll take a look at it. I'll let you know what I think from a reader's perspective and whatever else comes to mind.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andersonmcdonald
Member # 8641

Hmm.. not sure. I thought 20,000 words was considered a novella, and meant for the short works forum. If I'm wrong I'll change it in the future. Thanks so much for your interest. I'll send it right out!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.