Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Angel Wings, Sci-Fi horror, 5700 words

Author Topic: Angel Wings, Sci-Fi horror, 5700 words
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a finished first draft Sci-Fi with some horror elements. (Working Title)

Not written specifically for the 1st 13 but here it is--feel free to tear it up

I'm mainly looking for readers for the full 6500 words if anyone is interested.

quote:
"Alright guys, vacation's over," Mac said to his crew, "It's been a long trip so we need to focus." They were the best around--hand-selected by him--but today they looked tired. With a dozen more exoplanets to check he would have to keep them on a tight schedule if he was going to be back on Mars with his family by the end of the year.
"Yeah, Timbo, pull your head out of your arse. Don't want a repeat of Tarin-3," Burdy said. Everyone but Timbo laughed.
"Bite me, Burdy," Timbo snapped back, "Oh wait, you would bite me, disregard."
Turbo laughed again and patted Dino on the shoulder. "Dino, you were with Burdy that night. Where was that? Moon City?"

Thank you in advance,
Donavan

[This message has been edited by Dark Warrior (edited June 01, 2010).]

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no particular issue with the writing but it seems that there's an awful lot of characters introduced in the first 13.

You may want to slow down a little.

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree - it's a good "scene", but may not be the best for the first 13.
I'm always for setting up as much atmosphere as you can before launching into dialog.
Put them at a bar, or in a ship... something to ground me so I can picture them talking.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a look at the whole thing. Willing to do a story swap? (Although mine isn't quite ready yet.)
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Always willing Jennifer, I love reading your stories. I am making a couple of changes and in a day or two maybe yours will be close to reading.

Thanks in advance,
Donavan

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting caught up on my crits (almost). I'll take a look at it.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
You can send it to me but it would take me a few days to crit it. If that's all right with you, send it to me.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

Thank you Foste,
I forwarded it to your gmail account. If you need any reads or crits dont hesitate to ask,

Donavan

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.