Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » "Forgetting Isa" - Critique Exchange

Author Topic: "Forgetting Isa" - Critique Exchange
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone willing to exchange short stories for critique? I recently completed a suspense story I'm calling "Forgetting Isa" and am looking for a fellow writer to swap pieces with. Final piece is 3100 words long.

Any takers?

Requisite thirteen below:

quote:
Waves lapped up at her long legs. Isa watched the bubbles of white froth mingle with her tanned limbs. Just beneath the surface was a patch of moss, as slick as oil. Smooth to the touch. Somehow cooler than even the ocean water.

She looked up. The sun was still high. Hot. She wanted to jump in. But with the craggy rocks, that would be a bad idea. Shallow waters. Sharp rocks. Strong undertow. She could feel the tug of the water on her feet. Beckoning her in.

“Just come,” the water says. “Come and I’ll take you away.”

It was surprisingly tempting.

Keep in mind - this is one of the few pieces I write that won't start in media res. So I'm sure this opening won't appeal to everyone.

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this your mind control story? Either way... I'm intrigued by your opening. Would definitely keep reading. I'll happily swap. I'm trying to polish up a short story (~8000 words) and looking for all the feedback I can get.

Anna

Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always up for a critique exchange, I currently have a ~7500 word story ( http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum11/HTML/004297.html ) that I'm looking to have critiqued. Either of you can email me if you are interested in exchanging crits.

[This message has been edited by Osiris (edited July 12, 2011).]

Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

quote:
Is this your mind control story?

This is not. This is a break I took from that novel.

How about Anna takes mine, I'll take Osiris', and Osiris takes Anna's? Or am I being too complex?

Anyway, if that works, Osiris, shoot me your piece:
writer [at] rhoadsfiction [dot] com.

Please put Hatrack in the email subject so my filters don't canabalize it.

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post 
It all works for me.

annayeatts@yahoo.com

Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy to exchange crits with both of you, it might just take a longer than doing one piece.

You can email me at author [at] aaleil [dot] com

[This message has been edited by Osiris (edited July 12, 2011).]

Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

Anna - email sent.

I'm fine with a three-way exchange if you two are.

EDIT:
Osiris - email sent.

[This message has been edited by Rhaythe (edited July 12, 2011).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.