Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Untitled Project - Thanks for your imput

Author Topic: Untitled Project - Thanks for your imput
hiphipfantastix
Member # 9594

- posted      Profile for hiphipfantastix   Email hiphipfantastix         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one ever says this, but the worst part about being abducted by four masked men is the blatant disregard that they show for your hair. I felt I was polite when I asked them to please handle me by either the shoulders or torso, but one of the scoundrels grabbed a fistful of my brunette locks when shoving me into the back of the van, something I found exceedingly rude. By the time that they slid a tight-fitting sack over my head and our vehicle sped off, I was confident that this would turn out to be a terrible hair day indeed.
I considered for a moment that this was a late surprise birthday party from some of the boys back at the office. I had aged another year almost three weeks prior and not a soul had seen fit to mention it.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiphipfantastix
Member # 9594

- posted      Profile for hiphipfantastix   Email hiphipfantastix         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry! I meant "input" in the title, obviously.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babooher
Member # 8617

- posted      Profile for babooher   Email babooher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ON one hand, I'm intrigued to know why this guy is so nonchalant about being abducted. Since he isn't worried, I felt no suspense but I do want to know more.

On the other hand the protagonist seems so effeminate that it is slightly off putting. I'm picturing Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints.

Posts: 791 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Crane   Email Crane         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. And I just assumed the narrator was a woman.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiphipfantastix
Member # 9594

Thanks for the feedback--it actually is an excessively vain man.
Crane
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Crane   Email Crane         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would read more because it has the potential to be hilarious.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiphipfantastix
Member # 9594

I'd love to toss the first few pages at anyone who's willing to read further.
Crane
Member # 9586

*volunteers*
hiphipfantastix
Member # 9594

Thanks! Sent.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.