Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Mecca's Memory (SF-5575 wd)

Author Topic: Mecca's Memory (SF-5575 wd)
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, humans. It has been a while since I have had a complete story but this one is hot off the press and I am looking for a few readers. I will gladly swap scripts in return. Look forward to your feedback.

Mecca, the old one, sat on her heals, warming her tired bones at her favorite place on the cliff overlooking the beach. Her bare, sagging breasts squeezed between her torso and thighs as she hugged her knees. Long grey strays from her braided hair teased her face in the gentle breeze. Here she was connected to all that she knew, but here she could be by herself. With all that been happening lately, she felt relieved for the stillness. But now her mind was busy and afraid. This fear she did not understand. It was unlike any she had ever felt. Closing her eyes, she raised her face to the sun. She took a deep breath and let out a long sigh as the sun warmed her face.

Braying dogs broke the stillness on the beach below. She stood and turned to see boys running from the surf, where

[ January 17, 2015, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Bent Tree ]

Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.