Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Scott and Harmony (1,300 words, expanding)

Author Topic: Scott and Harmony (1,300 words, expanding)
Reticulum
Member # 10054

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for feedback and readers, want to improve hook and plot flow.

Scott and Harmony dashed through the meadow, breaking off the heads of its bright flowers as they raced past them. The springtime sun hung in the cloudless blue while the flattened flowers behind them released their aromatic scents into the air. Persephone’s spring was in full bloom, and Scott could feel the tender flower petals against his outstretched finger tips. The rolling green hills that dominated the horizon behind them were peppered by the multiplicity of shades and hues of the planet’s vivacious flowers. The two of them had spent their weekend away from university, away from the city and away from the responsibilities of life in nature.
As the city of Demeter came into view on the Horizon, the two of them abruptly stopped, their chests rhythmically

[ February 12, 2015, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Kathleen Dalton Woodbury ]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that you sent me an email about this one. I have no idea what happened to it. I can't find it in my trash or any folders. Would you mind sending it again?
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Just my opinion, but I have a library containing over 500 books of fiction; predominantly fantasy and science. I can't think of one of them, and they span 150 years of writing style, in which the language of their prose was so littered with such extravagant use of adjectives.

I want to feel the sun on my face, the grass at my feet, and Harmony's small hand in mine. [Smile]

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 10054

I will email you as soon as possible!
Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 10054

Bent Tree, can you email me again? I can't seem ro find yours in my endless pile of junk.
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
you don't have an email attached to this account. You can get mine from the icon.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.