Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Delayed Reveal;-)

Author Topic: Delayed Reveal;-)
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm constantly harping about delayed reveal, but here I am, almost three months after the fact.

Jake Frievald at Flash Fiction Online requested my story, "I Speak the Master's Will" for his premier issue.

You can read it here:

http://www.flashfictiononline.com/f20071202-speak-masters-will-suzanne-vincent.html

I've also JUST started up my writer's blog, where I've republished my first published story, "Trip Trap," a story born from a writing challenge here at Hatrack.

http://nightingalescage.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on that sale!

I know of a few people that had very good stories that were rejected by them, so kudos to you.

I looked at your blog, very nice. However...

I'm not sure how your deal worked but are you sure you are not violating a contract with Another Realm? I noted that the story you sold them guarantees them the electronic rights. Is placing it on your blog publishing it?
Just thought i ask.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post 
First, Anotherealm buys FIRST worldwide electronic rights, meaning they have the right to be the FIRST to publish electronically. All other rights stay with the author, so after they've had the first opportunity to publish it, I can publish it again wherever I please.

Some markets buy first rights for a year. Anotherealm has no such limitation, but even at that it's been almost 3 years since publication.

Secondly, since the story is no longer available at anotherealm (Check their archives. There are many stories unavailable. Trip Trap is out of print, so to speak), it darned well should be available somewhere.

[This message has been edited by djvdakota (edited February 20, 2008).]

Posts: 1672 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.