Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » Reagan's Game, by R. Safley

Author Topic: Reagan's Game, by R. Safley
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
As I said in my introduction, the similarity of the title Reagan's Game and Ender's Game is somewhat embarassing here. It would seem that I should have paid that more attention, but I absolutely refused to read "that sci-fi crap" in my early 20's so I wasn't at all familiar with the Ender's series. Now, I've "read" (thanks to audible.com) the entire original Ender's series(Game-Children of the Mind) I totally adore OSC's imaginary friends, and I'm relieved to see that they are nothing like the folks in my book.

Feel free to check it out. It's also the beginning of a series... (but not about space)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Reagans-Game/R-Safley/e/9780595477982/?itm=1

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a cool book. I'll have to pick it up sometime and read it.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post 
Better yet, if you or anyone else wants a copy, let me know. I have about a half dozen left over from the last singing. I'm mid-round-two edit in the second book and feedback/productive critics could prove to be one of the better editing tools for the next book. It's difficult to move forward without getting direction.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 8177

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This first-time author presents possibilities reminiscent of Stephen King's early work.

Wow that's pretty good praise. And the reviews are good too. I might have to pick it up.

?

[This message has been edited by ? (edited August 27, 2008).]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.