Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » A Facebook Event and an acceptance!

Author Topic: A Facebook Event and an acceptance!
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, guys, I confess. I've never been to a Facebook Event, though I get invites all the time; usually from someone offering me a discounted something or other which I have no use for.

I usually just decline the event and move on till they send me the same invite a couple weeks later. SSDD.

I got this one yesterday and almost immediately checked the "decline" box out of habit; then, I realized "Wait a minute! I think I'm in this?"

Sure enough, I found the acceptance letter for the enclosed story (the excerpt, I have here) so, Yippeee!!!

My question is: Have any of you hosted or attended Facebook events?

Would you be willing to stop by sometime during the month and finish reading my story?

I suspect they have some sort of counters to tell them how many people read it.

Thanks, in advance!

A Chuck Wagon Cookoff - 69FoP Style!
Public Event

Time
August 13 at 6:00pm - September 13 at 6:00pm
Location http://69flavorsofparanoia.com
Created By
69 Flavors of Paranoia
The official release of Menu #7 of 69 Flavors of Paranoia. This menu kicks off a NEW VOLUME! So, it's an Anniversary Ho Down to boot... YEH HAW!

The Vampire in the Sewers
by Mark Wolf

The vampire didn't glitter. Nor did it glimmer or shimmer in the slightest. What it did was smell like #### and suck. It reeked from living in the sewers beneath Hippy Haven, the old trustfunder's commune. The one with the pink and yellow circular pod homes.

I caught the vampire sucking the blood from a sewer rat nearly half the size of old Clyde, my bloodhound. The rat squeaked in pain and fear, its tail spinning like a rotary blender as it tried to break free from the monster's grasp, to no avail.

(To read the rest of this story, stop in at:

http://69flavorsofparanoia.com

during the Event!)

[This message has been edited by honu (edited August 08, 2010).]

Posts: 690 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats.

No experience at all with Facebook Events. Sorry. But I'd be interested to know how it comes out.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

Thanks, Meredith!!
Posts: 690 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work!
Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

Thanks, Snapper!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.