Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » I'm on Four Panels at LosCon 40

Author Topic: I'm on Four Panels at LosCon 40
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're in the Los Angeles are over Thanksgiving weekend, this is what I'll be doing. LosCon is a yearly event, and this year I'm actually able to get off work and attend.
FRI 17:30-18:30, Chicago: How to Write Good Dialog Good dialogue can make or break your story. Discuss some tricks of the
trade that help you keep your dialogue witty and vibrant.
Trina Marie Phillips, Laurie Tom, Larry Niven, Eben Brooks, John DeChancie
(m), Taliesin Jaffe

SAT 11:30-12:30, Atlanta:Pressure to Produce, The
Many new authors are pressured to create multiple stories in the same
universe. What are the benefits and detriments to this.
Betsy Mitchell, Harry Turtledove, Trina Marie Phillips, Fred Patten, Will
Morton (m)

SAT 14:30-15:30, Marquis 1: Writing Your First Novel How to put those first words on paper. And then keep going.
Betsy Mitchell, Barbara Hambly, E.E. King, Leslie Ann Moore (m), Trina
Marie Phillips

SUN 14:30-15:30, Atlanta: Open Source Education From Youtube instructional videos to massively open online classes,
technology creates new ways of sharing knowledge and spreading education.
Come learn about new methods of learning.
Annika O'Brien, Martin Young, Phil Osborn, Trina Marie Phillips, Adrian
Kaehler

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
History
Member # 9213

- posted      Profile for History   Email History         Edit/Delete Post 
Impressive. Mazel tov!
Your copanelists are also very impressive.
You must be thrilled.

Respectfully,
Dr. Bob

Posts: 1475 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, so close.

I could almost go.

But good going for you--Great even.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever wanted to see that rarest of things, come to LosCon today. You will actually be able to witness RAIN IN LA! Real rain, too.
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by genevive42:
If you ever wanted to see that rarest of things, come to LosCon today. You will actually be able to witness RAIN IN LA! Real rain, too.

Oh come now, it's not that rare. It rained just last week. And there was that one memborable winter when we had six straight days of rain. [Smile]
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.