Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Writers - Publications & Reviews » "Wyreth's Flame" on Smashwords

Author Topic: "Wyreth's Flame" on Smashwords
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you may remember this one under its original title or the one after that. It was originally in the "Slave to the flame" challenge as "First Flame". Later, I added more to it and it became "The Bard's Gift". But then I expanded it more and now there's a novel by that name, so it had to get a new title.

Wyreth's Flame

BTW. It's free. [Smile]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to satisfy all your struggles with the pitch? That pitch at Smashwords is exquisite. And the title Wyreth's Flame too.
Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

quote:
Originally posted by extrinsic:
What happened to satisfy all your struggles with the pitch? That pitch at Smashwords is exquisite. And the title Wyreth's Flame too.

Thanks. Wish I had a good answer. [Smile]
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say the pitch's focus on the storytelling gift is the solution, and through it, antagonizing event, setting, and character development sufficient to summarize the novel in an interior life, scene-like snapshot, in a way that aroses emotional caring and curiosity, without telegraphing the plot and outcome.
Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

And now it's available on Amazon, too. Though it's $0.99 on Amazon, for now.
Meredith
Member # 8368

I need a little help with "Wyreth's Flame".
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JGCF37I

It's finally turned up (free) on Barnes and Noble, here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wyreths-flame-meredith-mansfield/1119109517?ean=2940045808781

Can I get some of you to report the lower price to Amazon? There's a link right below the product details and you can paste in the B&N link.

Thanks.

Meredith
Member # 8368

For anyone who can help out. Please. "Wyreth's Flame" is now also free in the Apple iBookstore.

I'd appreciate anyone who can also report that to Amazon, so they'll make it free too.

Thanks.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.