Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Markets for Our Writing » The Sword of Senack Writing and Art Contest

Author Topic: The Sword of Senack Writing and Art Contest
LeetahWest
Member # 9402

- posted      Profile for LeetahWest   Email LeetahWest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My good friend EC Stilson just released her first YA Fantasy book on St Patrick's Day and the small publishing company she is publishing with is holding a contest to celebrate the release.

For full information about the contest visit her blog here.

What?:
Either submit your fantasy art or story of 1,000 words—or less—to swordofsenack@gmail.com. Anything fantasy goes. Use your imagination and have fun.

All entries must be received no later than 3/31/2012

How?:
It's free to submit art entries. The Sword of Senack is a middle grade/YA fantasy, so we're hoping adults AND kids will enter their artwork. This could be a great experience for youngsters.

To submit a story, the fee is $10. To submit art is free.

Prizes:
The winners will be announced on 4/20/2012.

Wayman Publishing is looking for new talent.

The top five fantasy stories will be considered for publication in a short anthology.

Winners chosen for publication will receive professional advice from editors and reviewers.

In addition to this, each winner will have a chance to guest post on EC Stilson's blog (The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom). We'll advertise these posts and let people know about you.

EC Stilson has over 17,000 followers on twitter alone and would love to offer this type of exposure to the winners.

The top five winning art entries will be considered for publication in the anthology. The top art winner will receive 50 US Dollars. The four runners up will each get a free copy of "The Sword of Senack."

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but I'd rather submit to a magazine and take my chances rather than pay $10 to take my chances in a competition where my prize will be to get published for no recompense.

All they need is five people to enter and their prize pot is covered (I presume this anthology gets published anyway), the rest is all money in the pocket.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.