Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Flash #1 Voting Results

Author Topic: Flash #1 Voting Results
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Flash Challenge Poll Results are posted here: http://www.munsil.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=970#970

I will delete the flashes at the end of the day. If you wish yours deleted earlier, please let me know.

If you wish to reveal which flash was yours, please post to the Flash challenge forum.

Thanks!

mikemunsil

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,

I just wanted to give you a pat on the back for bringing it all off with this challenge. Aside from the few minor "settling in" glitches, which are to be expected, I think you did a great job.

Hats off to the authors who submitted, also. I had a good time with every one of the subs, and even though I voted for #3, I thought several gave it a good run and that they all had merit.

I didn't participate in this one, but your challenge (and the submissions) have kindled my interest in Flash Fiction. I suspect others found the same. I look forward to seeing this become a strong weekly regular.

Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say here that everyone who participated in the flash challenge was a winner, but... that sounded like such patronizing crapola that I think instead I'll just say...

Thank you!

HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, three was my favorite, too. I just want to know who wrote it! C'mon, reveal yourself.
Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Darkstorm
Member # 1610

- posted      Profile for Lord Darkstorm   Email Lord Darkstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
It was fun doing it, even if mine wasn't the winnner.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

Posts: 807 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
autumnmuse
Member # 2136

- posted      Profile for autumnmuse   Email autumnmuse         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm in the minority. I liked 3, but I voted for 2, and there were other ones I liked a lot as well. It's hard to only vote for one!!!!

And I'm a trifle bummed that I didn't get to participate. Of course this challenge happened on one of the busiest weekends I've ever had. Oh well, there is always next time!

[This message has been edited by autumnmuse (edited April 05, 2005).]

Posts: 818 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

Okay. Mike has gone and deleted the flashes, AND the reveals (why? I'll accept the stories, but the reveals within the results topic just hurts). So, in case I missed it while I was asleep, will someone please tell me who wrote #3? I know it shouldn't matter... but I don't think I'll make it through the day if I don't know who it is.

Thanks.

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

Sorry, when I'm on a roll nothing survives. Call me Mr. Clean.

Would the flashers please step forward? And next time, I think we'll ask for titles for all works as well. Given how much angst there is about titles here, that should add an element of fun as well.

TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was #6 - Wil is planning a surprise party for Kate but she misunderstands his secretiveness and enacts psychotic revenge.

HSO - I thought for sure that you were #5 what with the exploding kitten balloons.

Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

Nope, no kittens for me--though the thought did cross my mind. I was #2 with "Birth and Death on Telegraph Hill".

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

I knew that was you, HSO. The wording was too British to be anyone else. Well done!
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
I was #4.

Can't wait for the next flash challenge

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MCameron
Member # 2391

- posted      Profile for MCameron   Email MCameron         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was #5 -- A Convocation of Clowns

--Mel

Posts: 269 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

quote:
I knew that was you, HSO. The wording was too British to be anyone else. Well done!

"But I'm not a Brit, I'm not a Brit!" said HSO.

"How do you know he's a Brit?"

"He writes like one! Burn him!" said someone.

"He turned me into a newt!" said another.

"A newt?"

"I got better."

"Burn him anyway!"

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

I never called you a Brit. I may think of you as a Wannabe Brit, but I never called you a Brit.
HSO
Member # 2056

Bah!

We still don't know who number 3 is. Grr. The day is nearly over here in London. Grr. Although, somehow I managed to survive the day without knowing who 3 is. Grr.

Minister
Member # 2213

- posted      Profile for Minister   Email Minister         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm #9, about the pilot finding the ancient weapon. Now ya'll have me really curious about #3.
Posts: 491 | Registered: Oct 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

Well done, Minister. I liked that one also.
HSO
Member # 2056

I liked nearly all of the flashes, I think. Some of them were exceptionally well-written for an hour's work. Truly impressive.

Right. Well, since no. 3 isn't going to show, I guess we'll just have give the prize to someone else. Eh, Mike?

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

okay. take it.

By the way the new interim flash rules are posted.

mikemunsil
Member # 2109

HSO!

Is 'Brat' the past tense of 'Brit'?

Just wondering.

HSO
Member # 2056

Mike: What you talking about, Willis?

-- Just a heads up for all potential flashers. This weekend's challenge will not only be fun and exciting, but it will also be an extra half-hour long.

This is partly due to me being a nice person, and partly due to that their are optional "special bonus" (SB) rules to consider. The extra allotted time is there to give you, the flash challenge author, ample time to mull over the SB rules.

The SB rules are optional. But stories that incorporate the SB rules will be given more weight at voting time. However, writing an exceptional flash that doesn't use them could still win. It depends on how good that story is.

[This message has been edited by HSO (edited April 07, 2005).]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.