Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Flash Challenge #6 is OPEN (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Flash Challenge #6 is OPEN
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
or, it could be that the women are just trying to take over the dark stories as well.
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Three Minute Egg
Member # 2523

- posted      Profile for Three Minute Egg   Email Three Minute Egg         Edit/Delete Post 
If the current voting is any indication, the ladies are in no danger from me!

[This message has been edited by Three Minute Egg (edited May 11, 2005).]

Posts: 66 | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to djvdakota for winning Best Flash#6! Her "I Speak the Master's Will" is well worth reading, and I think we'll be seeing it in a publication before long. Lovely voice.
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always believed that women have all the power. Evidently, my belief has proved true -- at least when it comes to FC's.

Congrats, Dakota. (we're watching you... all of you!)

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, dakota! Long live the women!

BTW, who's been winning in the other categories? Men or women?

quote:
I think Christine had the most reasonable approach - she just doesn't read the longer ones, or vote for them. That gives people who write long the freedom to do so, but rewards the people who write short.

Well, I have to rule them out somehow. This last challenge had 25 entries, an average of 25,000 words! Kudos to those who read and critiqued them all, but I'm afraid my eyes start to hurt after a while. Even with three days instead of two to do it, if I'm going to continue participating in these FC's (as I wish to), I can't end up spending the whole week either writing for them or critiquing them.

In fact, I've gotten even pickier. I've become a slugh editor. If I don't find a hook in the first few paragraphs (I usually give it three, depending upon the length of the paragraphs) then I simply don't read it or I skim it to see if It's going to get interesting later on.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.