Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » If on a Winter's Night a Traveller

Author Topic: If on a Winter's Night a Traveller
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted this in Published Hooks, but I find that I can't wait for someone to notice it and respond. I started reading If on a Winter's Night a Traveller because it was on the list of recommended reads. Anyway, as I was reading it I discovered that a page was missing. What I cannot tell is if it's truly a missing page, or it's part of the interactive experience. It's driving me crazy.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha!
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no telling.
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 1563

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
I read it a few years ago, so I don't remember if there was a page "missing" or not. With that novel, who can tell??

Which page is missing? I think I still have a copy of it somewhere. I'll see if my copy is missing that page, too.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why it was so maddening! Thanks for offering to look; it was page 25/26, but that only work if we have the same edition.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 1563

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to take so long, but although I pulled out the book that night, I forgot to look at it again.

My edition is the Harvest/HBJ Book paperback. It has pages 25 & 26 with no breaks. Page 25 is the beginning of "[2]."

If this is not your edition, what you could do is tell me the last line before the blank page and the first line after the blank page. That way I could see if I have more text than you.

In my edition, page 24 ends with: "It slows down, stops, erases me from the chief's sight, pulls out again."

Page 25 begins with: "You have now read about 30 pages and you're becoming caught up in the story."

Hope this helps.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jan 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.