Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » About publishing and audience

Author Topic: About publishing and audience
shinigamideathgirl
Member # 2661

- posted      Profile for shinigamideathgirl           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

Good day to everyone.

I am a student, I've finished my first short story manuscript and need to find a publisher willing to print my story.

I've done all my own graphics and title page, so, I'd like to know how I proceed with this, what steps should I take now.

How do aim for my target audience?

Older teens and Adults.

This is a research project for my Extension English Two subject at school and any and all help is appricated.

Please reply to megpillai@hotmail.com

Thankyou.

I know I posted a message similar to this is the 'get to know you' section. (I am guessing at that name.)

I would really like some feedback on this, please.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowynd
Member # 2077

- posted      Profile for shadowynd   Email shadowynd         Edit/Delete Post 
shinigamideathgirl, welcome to Hatrack!

Research your markets. We all have to do that. Here are a couple of good sites to start you off:

http://ralan.com/

http://storypilot.com/

You might also wish to post the first thirteen lines (ONLY!) in Fragments & Feedback (hereafter known as F&F), and see if some of the Hatrack regulars have any suggestions for improvements. You can also request folks to read the entire story.

Post the number of words, the genre, and what you are requesting (Crit the opening only, readers wanted, etc.)

It is only polite for one to return the favour by crit'ing/reading others' stories as well. Plus, giving feedback to others is a super way to learn more about the craft of writing.

Good luck finding a market and getting your story published. If you succeed in finding a home for it, please post in our "Hatrack Writers in Print" forum.

Susan

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 1619

- posted      Profile for Phanto   Email Phanto         Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to target your story is, I believe, as follows:

"The following story is for older teens and adults."

Insert above line right at the beginning. Don't worry about blending it into the story. Just put before it "an FDA advisory alert."

Posts: 697 | Registered: Mar 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, are we talking more Mitsuki or Rukia here?
Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.