Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Stalling Technology (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stalling Technology
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
as was mentioned by Jerailey, Christine and a few others, there have been some big leaps in medical science.

Here is something I just read and was able to find online. The article talks about snowfleas which are little insects that produce a special protien that allows them to withstand freezing in sub-zero temperatures. Experiments are being conducted to see if this protien can be used for freezing and storing human organs for transplants.

Click Here for Article
[Sorry Survivor, it wasn't long enough to disrupt the display on my computer. Fixed now ]

[This message has been edited by Robyn_Hood (edited October 25, 2005).]

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Did somebody already link the thing about the revivified zombie dogs around here?

Oh, and you might want to edit that link, if you use the "[url=your link goes here]text you want linked here[/url]" format, that would avoid messing the the display.

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I like to use the big font. I'm pretty sure a few other members do as well. The problem used to be people running at lower resolutions...I think one or two people might be going with low resolution and big font.

Anyway, how about them zombie dogs? Am I totatlly imagining that whole discussion?

Posts: 8322 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds vaguely familliar, but I might just be crossing the pug-nosed dog from "Men in Black" with "Dawn of the Dead".
Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.