Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » end of semester cheerleading

Author Topic: end of semester cheerleading
sojoyful
Member # 2997

- posted      Profile for sojoyful   Email sojoyful         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I am celebrating that my classes are finally over, but I am dreading the next seven days as final exams close in. I know there are some other students on the list, either grad students (like me) or undergrads. I just wanted to cheer everybody on now that the end of the semester is here.

So, good luck everybody! Feel free to use this thread as a countdown. Here's mine:

Tee-minus a ton-load and a full-half of reading, 2 take-home exams and 2 in-class exams, and counting.

Edit for better sentence order. (Man, I can't even write a post without self-critiquing!)

[This message has been edited by sojoyful (edited December 07, 2005).]

Posts: 470 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post 
You can do it!!!!

Tonight I'm celebrating my first semester-end that I'M NOT PARTICIPATING IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you get too jealous...if I have my way, it'll also be the second to last one for a long, LONG while...

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leigh
Member # 2901

- posted      Profile for Leigh   Email Leigh         Edit/Delete Post 
This doesnt count for me but Congratulations nonetheless to everyone!
Posts: 384 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I remember how happy I was when I was done for school for good...or so I thought, until I went to work and won't get a break from that till retirement, many years away.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday was my last final. School does not have to enter my mind at all for the next month. Furthermore, the WORST CLASS EVER is now behind me: English 591 by Prof. Hewitt. If you're ever tempted to go to Ohio State and take that class, trust me, death is preferable.

Anyway, it's done now.

WOO-HOO!

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Tee-minus three exams, two projects (with report and oral exams attached), five misc. reports to hand in, and one Spanish essay, and counting.

Sigh. Sometimes I hate grad school.

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apeiron
Member # 2565

- posted      Profile for apeiron   Email apeiron         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see... 1 test, 1 quiz, 3 homework sets, and 4 finals away from freedom. Curse my school for ending so late!

At least physics majors don't have many papers.

[This message has been edited by apeiron (edited December 08, 2005).]

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojoyful
Member # 2997

Yay for posting to my own thread.

Tee-minus slightly less reading, 1 take-home exam and 1 in-class exam, and counting.

Ra ra ra! You can do it, folks!

Posts: 470 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver3
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Silver3   Email Silver3         Edit/Delete Post 
Tee-minus everything that was there last time. Ah, no, I appear to have got rid of a report and a project.
I want to be at the end of the week.

Posts: 1075 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojoyful
Member # 2997

One word: DONE.

On to the writing! Hooray!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.